Walther Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Things continue to get crazier in the market. I've been keeping my eye on Q4 Tacs, and during the shutdown there were quite a few to be had at different places for $699. Then some started going out of stock and prices climbed to around $750, with a couple listings on Gunbroker wanting $899. Now they're practically sold out everywhere and there is one, and only one, on Gunbroker right now for $1,099...

And remember, this is the polymer framed Q4 Tac, not the Q4 SF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good evening all.
My first post other than introducing myself a couple days ago. Got my PPQ Q4 M2 TAC this evening from the FFL. Sweet unit for my first pistol. Only two parts that stink. Ammo is non existent which means a new gun and nothing to run through it. The second one is the 3 extra plates for optional optics are not there. I've emailed my dealer (GunPro) to see if this is something they'll handle or if I need to go through Walther. PPQ Q4 M2 TAC.JPG But for now, I wait. Jim.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good evening all.
My first post other than introducing myself a couple days ago. Got my PPQ Q4 M2 TAC this evening from the FFL. Sweet unit for my first pistol. Only two parts that stink. Ammo is non existent which means a new gun and nothing to run through it. The second one is the 3 extra plates for optional optics are not there. I've emailed my dealer (GunPro) to see if this is something they'll handle of if I need to go through Walther. View attachment 93796 But for now, I wait. Jim.
Congrats on the purchase! Walther just recently stopped providing the three adapter plates with optics ready pistols to cut costs. You can contact Walther and they will send you one plate for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Walther just recently stopped providing the three adapter plates with optics ready pistols to cut costs. You can contact Walther and they will send you one plate for free.
Thanks for the info, Bandit1. But that stinks from my standpoint, because I have no idea which one I'll end up needing. If this wasn't my first pistol, I might have had some history with others to see what works best and know what to ask for. Guess it would have been nice for the Walther page on the gun to have said you can pick one for free. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get over it. Thanks again. Jim.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the info, Bandit1. But that stinks from my standpoint, because I have no idea which one I'll end up needing...Guess it would have been nice for the Walther page on the gun to have said you can pick one for free.

FYI, Walther intends to make RDS plates with backup sights for all popular optics. They started with Trijicon mounts but will expand selection once their production catches up. Just in case you want to keep your options open.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI, Walther intends to make RDS plates with backup sights for all popular optics. They started with Trijicon mounts but will expand selection once their production catches up. Just in case you want to keep your options open.
That's good to know. So am I reading this right that I can wait on my decision on which plate to ask for? If so, that would give me time to get to know the gun and see what others are using and why. I appreciate your help! Jim.

·
Registered
27 Posts
AFAIK, you can wait to choose your plate. Walther goes by the serial number of your gun to determine whether a "free" plate has been shipped to the buyer.

The "free" plate included with your original purchase does not cover Walther's new RDS plates with backup sights. But for example, you could get a free Leupold DPP plate (no backup sights) from Walther and also purchase a Trijicon RDS plate with backup sights to cover your bases in case you change your mind down the road.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts