Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my imagination, or did PPQs suddenly become harder to find? Granted I prefer .40, as I am a man, but it seems I don't see many of any caliber out there really.
Is Walther's efforts going into the new steel pistols, or have we been found out and everyone is trying to get one now?

·
Registered
21 Posts
PPQ 9mm and 45 available here. I bought a 45 last week.

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
A number of the larger retailers indicate out of stock. Every model on Tombstone is out and that now means their distributor is out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
$589 like in the ad. Not a great price but considering the times...

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
All the local gun stores in my area look like a plague of locusts came through. Way, way below normal inventory for any gun of a remotely defensive nature

These ain't normal times. With demand increased do to civil unrest and supply impacted by Covid, finding guns right now is challenging.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been surprised just in the last few weeks it seems to have really dried up. I guess we're just now getting to the point where the supply has been exhausted and Walther isn't able to restock fast enough.

I bought one of the coyote tan cerakote Q4 Tac "Pro" models with the magwell and 17 round mags from the SF Pro for $767 on Gunbroker a few weeks back when I realized they were beginning to sell out. It was about the best price I had seen, and definitely cheaper than buying the magwell and extensions separate. Since then the Q4 Tac "Pro" models are completely gone and the standard Q4 Tacs seem to have dwindled from about thirty listings to about six or seven. And prices for them have increased... I just saw one listing with the disclaimer "Last one in stock" and they had the price set at $899. Crazy times. Makes me really happy I bought what I bought when I bought it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeap. All the gun stores I have been in could not keep handguns, shotguns, AR15s in stock. This goes with accessories that are needed like Gun Bags, Ammo, cleaning supplies etc. I thought my favorite store was just re-decorating and moving things around as it was so bare. Now lots of hunting rifles, vintage rifles. They can't sell them as the new gun buyers don't like them. Home defence stuff is selling fast. This is why you get the Walthers before SHTF. Glad I did. Better to have it and not need it, and need it and not have it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Prices are getting ridiculous.
Even for the Walther Creed...just 60 days ago they were selling for $269. Now they’re $399 on CDNN.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Uh, can't let this go...what does being a "man" have to do with wanting a .40? ;) Over the last couple of years I've seen large discounts on any .40 pistol as most folks have moved away from them and gone to 9mm defensive loads.
In the words of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor - MORE POWER! ARGH ARRGGH YARRGGHH

Al Borland would approve of the 9mm. Don't be an Al.

Edit:

Of course the allegory here is that more power is often unneccessary, excessive and can even be problematic as any Home Improvement/Tool Time fan can attest. 9mm is great. Al Borland is great. I think deep down, though, we all want to be Tim.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fundy it is my attempt at taking a dig at the 9mm fan boi crowd. I have 9mm too and wholeheartedly approve of the move to 9mm defensive loads. That means someone out there has a PPQ M1 in .40 they can sell me. Plus, more .40 for me!
Uh, can't let this go...what does being a "man" have to do with wanting a .40? ;) Over the last couple of years I've seen large discounts on any .40 pistol as most folks have moved away from them and gone to 9mm defensive loads.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't carry my 45's but I find them more fun to shoot at the range than my 9mm's and 380's.

·
Premium Member
13,616 Posts
Looks nice. If you're new to the pistol world, I guess I'd tell you to use a good/firm grip on the pistol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts