Walther Forums banner

What would you choose for the optic milling option and for the barrel? (1 choice from each section)

• Cerakote Cut areas only

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cerakote Entire slide black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarvis 9mm rifled threaded barrel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walther 9mm polygonal threaded barrel

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was trying to decide whether or not to get the Jarvis 9mm threaded barrel for my PPQ 9mm, or to get the standard Walther kit.
The Walther kit is Polygonal, the Jarvis is not.
Also I noticed the PPQ M2 9mm kit comes with a new Spring and Guide rod while the Jarvis does not. Jarvis offers the TiCn coating which is pretty, and aside from missing the new spring (guide rod is show in picture as well) and not being polygonal, I don't notice a difference between it and the Official Walther Kit other than the Jarvis being rifled and the Walther being Polygonal and including the new spring (kit). I can't foresee any time where I'd be shooting bare lead so I'm not too worried about it.

So what do you think? The only thing that bums me out is that Jarvis doesn't do it Lakeline style with the color matched guide rod: Gold Tactical Package for the 9mm Taurus G3X, G3C, G2C, PT111 G2 and G3C TORO

Second question, when Im picking my choice for the coating on the Walther PPQ 9mm Optic Cut program, I have these options:
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Screenshot

I wouldn't mind if it looked basically the same and had the milled portion the same color as the slide, would that be the highlighted option? Or should I cerakote the entire slide black? Not interested in Black Nitride atm and I don't want bare metal.

Does the entire slide cerakote make sure the cut matches the slide in color or would the cerakote cut areas only do that, just not as well? I don't want a massive color difference.

Ready to order these now so please let me know what you think, thank you!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts