Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just order 5" PPQ.....looks like they show one DA/Sa...not what I wanted. what's the deal ....help-thanks

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
Joe, I don't understand the question. You said you just ordered a 5" PPQ. The PPQ is only offered with 'one' trigger configuration....and that's single action only (SA). PPQ's have never been offered with a DA pull.

If you want a DA pull, the P99 has you covered.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to Walther website

Joe, I don't understand the question. You said you just ordered a 5" PPQ. The PPQ is only offered with 'one' trigger configuration....and that's single action only (SA). PPQ's have never been offered with a DA pull.

If you want a DA pull, the P99 has you covered.

They show 2 Q's 5" - just m2 and m2 Standard....click on them and they show D/A???

I obviously must be missing something

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just checked the site and saw both models but was unable to click on them and find anything that said DA/SA (maybe I can’t click on it because I was viewing the site on my phone)

Anyway to the best of my knowledge the only difference between the 5” and the 5” Standard is that the 5” has ports cut into the slide and the 5” Standard does not. Triggers are the same across the PPQ M2 line.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I have no idea what you are asking, but I am not aware of a single PPQ that has a DA/SA trigger. Every PPQ has the same trigger.

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
They show 2 Q's 5" - just m2 and m2 Standard....click on them and they show D/A???

I obviously must be missing something
Morning Joe. I still don't understand....it'd be helpful if you could post a 'link' to the actual page you're looking at on the internet. There are MANY on-line retailers....I did look at 'gunbuyer.com', but didn't see anything indicating a D/A. Again, NO PPQ's were/are offered with a DA trigger. ALL PPQ's have the same, single action trigger.

Show me a link to the specific page you're referencing.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm not exactly sure where you are looking but I think a lot of websites have this wrong. If you go to the Walther website (waltherarms.com) and look at the PPQs (M2), then click "Get a Quote", it takes you to Gallery of Guns website. They list the trigger as "double action". Don't know why. I also looked at BudsGunShop and they show "double action".

The M1s and M2s all have a pre-cocked striker, which in my understanding would be single action.

As mentioned above, the "standard" model does not have the cut-outs in the slide.

Dave

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah without a link to the site that you're looking at Joe, we really can't say, other than to believe that the site was posting it's information incorrectly. I do know that I've seen a lot of that, on buds.
Slides with or without cutouts, or triggers with or without the colored safety dingus are about the only differences, no change in the action as far as SA or DA. That's entirely left to the p99 lineup.

However, whenever it's a question of what you just bought, its better to contact the seller ;)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I'm not exactly sure where you are looking but I think a lot of websites have this wrong. If you go to the Walther website (waltherarms.com) and look at the PPQs (M2), then click "Get a Quote", it takes you to Gallery of Guns website. They list the trigger as "double action". Don't know why.
Because you don't have to cock the hammer before firing? :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PPQ 5"

Morning Joe. I still don't understand....it'd be helpful if you could post a 'link' to the actual page you're looking at on the internet. There are MANY on-line retailers....I did look at 'gunbuyer.com', but didn't see anything indicating a D/A. Again, NO PPQ's were/are offered with a DA trigger. ALL PPQ's have the same, single action trigger.

Show me a link to the specific page you're referencing.

I got Bud's to switch me to PPQ model 2796091...It no longer shows "double" in the description to ship. Walther rep said main difference was in slide - if shooting a lot could over heat??....any way, I finally got him to say he would go with the model shown above.

BTW- another post below tells what I said, if you go to Walther website, and click on the gun it shows DA??

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
Ok, went to Buds and looked at model 2796091.....you're getting the one with the lightened slide. That'd be my choice too.

I agree with Buds description of the pistol and the trigger system. However they DID flubb up the action type, under specifications. They indicate its a DA, or double action. And they did this after they did a very good job describing how the single action trigger works on the PPQ. The striker is always fully cocked....all the trigger does is release the striker....NOT cock it.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/84614/Firearms/Handguns/Walther+Arms/Walther+Arms+2796091+PPQ+M2+9mm+5+Black+Poly+Grip+15+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts