Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems the legends are true.

This thing is a mind-reader when it comes to accuracy. After a day in the office, I was shaky, hungry and over caffeinated. Plus, I'm out of contact lenses so I had to use glasses with an older prescription.

Didn't matter with this thing.

This was my first group of 50 @ 10 yards:

Gesture Revolver Finger Thumb Font

Very happy with that. Though ever so slightly low.

The trigger is insane. I think it's the lightest trigger on all my pistols--but also very crisp, precise and direct. After that first 50, I focused on getting a feel for "the wall" before the break. Also moved to more of a finger-tip point of engagement. All I have to say is... wow (aside for those 3 flyers).

Purple Gesture Finger Sleeve Violet

I haven't kept my target in years. But I kept that one. I think that's probably closer to 70-80 rounds. I was literally trying to carve the hole up, shot by shot, from where it started. I was almost out of ammo before it occurred to me to try the Martin Riggs smiley face thing.

I found the recoil impulse to be surprisingly soft, but flippy. But that was easy to manage with an “assertive” grip. The ergos feel fantastic and I think the angles and contours provide perfect points to leverage to manage the recoil.

I put just under 150 rounds through it and had zero malfunctions. I cleaned it and lubed with basic oil last night.

It's an incredible pistol. One of the most naturally accurate guns I think I've ever shot. And so forgiving... it's like the thing is immune to variations in windage. It really seems to obey your point of aim. I hadn't intended to put that many rounds through it, but it was just... really freakin' fun to shoot.

For me, unfortunately, the trigger is just too light for concealed carry. I have a few ideas for "workarounds"--which include trying a heavier disconnector springs and/or a kydex trigger cover (which I'd use in conjunction with a soft holster; full kydex holsters have never been comfortable for me).

Regardless... it's fantastic pistol to own, shoot and experience. If you like .45 and you like seeing holes exactly where you want them... you'll like this thing.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Brick

· Registered
3,902 Posts
I was EDCing a SIG P227 when I first shot my neighbors PPQ45. Knew I was purchasing one after the 2nd mag.

The PPQ45 eventually replaced the P227 as my EDC.

When I was going to the range twice a month (SIG Elite Perf 230gr FMJ was ~35¢ per round) and shooting over 300 RDS per visit, putting 12 RDS on an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper @25 yds in under 20 seconds was a breeze.
This was two hand and unsupported fire.

I posted a few pics of these targets to this Forum around five years ago.

I long for the days when ammo was less expensive and abundant.

· Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was EDCing a SIG P227 when I first shot my neighbors PPQ45. Knew I was purchasing one after the 2nd mag.

The PPQ45 eventually replaced the P227 as my EDC.

When I was going to the range twice a month (SIG Elite Perf 230gr FMJ was ~35¢ per round) and shooting over 300 RDS per visit, putting 12 RDS on an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper in under 20 seconds was a breeze.
This was two hand and unsupported fire.

I posted a few pics of these targets to this Forum around five years ago.

I long for the days when ammo was less expensive and abundant.
It's an incredible pistol. There's definitely an "X factor" in terms of how its accuracy. Plus, it's light, it fits my teensy hands, and it's recoil is surprisingly comfortable. I'm trying to figure out how I'd feel comfortable using it as a carry gun.

· Registered
9 Posts
I'm new here too, and I just grabbed one of these last Saturday from my lgs, new in box. I haven't shot it yet but I'm excited to.

Considering making it my new edc after some proper break-in, 12 rounds of 45, I like that kind of firepower!

What ammo did you shoot?

· Registered
58 Posts
Honestly, neither could I. I literally laughed out loud when I dry fired it in the shop. Walked away.

And now… here we are. Too cool of a gun to pass up.
I dry fired one in my LGS and was amazed at the trigger. They didn't have one with a 5" barrel which I really wanted as a nightstand piece and for range accuracy. Not sure I can find a 5"er anymore. Need to wait till spring when business picks up or.... we get another stimulus check.:ROFLMAO:

· Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dry fired one in my LGS and was amazed at the trigger. They didn't have one with a 5" barrel which I really wanted as a nightstand piece and for range accuracy. Not sure I can find a 5"er anymore. Need to wait till spring when business picks up or.... we get another stimulus check.:ROFLMAO:
Did they make a .45 with a 5 inch barrel? That would be... neat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts