Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love that Walther has added a .45 ACP PPQ, but I really want a paddle version of it. In this video: https://youtu.be/JFtoRFRBrMM He state's they are thinking about a doing paddle version, BUT they need to see the demand from the customers.

Here's the link to contact them. Let them know you'd want to see a paddle version: Contact Us - Walther Arms We need as many people as possible to write in about it.

I'm a P99 guy so I'd love to see paddle versions of the PPQ 45 and the PPQ 22 as well. I'm hesitant to jump to that platform without the paddle. If for no other reason then muscle memory.

Reactions: MillerMpls

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Done previously, and again just now.

Walther, if you're listening, you've got a market for paddles. If you don't fill it, HK will...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Done......

·
Banned
1,763 Posts
Sent it off but I have little faith as they've not listened to customers since they conceded to bring back the M1, and they limited that heavily. People at Walther America surely bet hard on push button and they'll never admit they were wrong. Nor will they allow both versions to be available for everything and prove it.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
The people at Walther, be it in Germany or Fort Smith, are going where the demand is. Period. If everyone in the USA wanted paddles, then you'd be seeing paddles and not buttons. The sad truth of the matter is that we vote with our wallets, and the Waltherites are counting those votes. That's why you see the buttons. It has nothing whatsoever to do with being right or admitting mistakes.

·
Premium Member
8,659 Posts
Considering that Walther is trying to make serious inroads into the American shooting consciousness, I think they are trying to make an "American" gun.

The big fat slow 45 ACP is an American round. There isn't a huge market for it in Europe. The Q45, as it is being presented is Walther's effort to present the USA with an American gun.

The caliber and operation of the weapon are "American". As much as I'd love a paddle release Q45, I'm not certain one will ever be offered.

It was not too much of a stretch for Walther to reintroduce the Classic Q to the USA as they were already producing large numbers for sale in Europe. However, the retool plus mag support would not really be cost effective as I doubt it would be as wildly popular in the 45 ACP iteration in Europe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I sent them an email too and also asked for paddles in all their variants including the .22 version too. But, looking for a new .45 in the near future, if Walther won't do the paddle releases, I'm thinking that the HK45 does. I already have 2 USPs and a VP9, sold on their build quality and performance so I have no problem going that way in another HK in .45ACP if Walther won't sell me what I want. Hey Walther, you listening? I'd like to get the whole line of PPQs with paddles but if not....

·
Registered
846 Posts
It has nothing whatsoever to do with being right or admitting mistakes.
Of course, it is. The fundamental marketing mistake on Walther's part was to think that this is "either or" instead of "both". Based on what we've seen in 2015, they are definitely learning and definitely listening.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Recall that the original SIG P220 was a heel-released 9mm. But it's rare to see one among all the thumb-released .45 versions sold here in the US since the mid-70s. Walther must know this history and what it says about the vast majority of American handgunners.

I don't imagine we'll ever see a paddled Q45, whereas a paddled 9mm PPS might happen, but only if Europeans create enough demand for it. If they don't, what will that tell us about the future of "the European style", I wonder, H&K being in financial straits and all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Couldn't they just sell the barrel and slide for the .45 and make it to be used with the PPQ 9mm?

I'm not interested so much in the paddle release for the .45 but am for the .22 and PPS M2 so I've sent emails on those.

·
Premium Member
8,659 Posts
Good question Red but don't forget that the magazines are different sizes. A Q45 mag won't if the well of the Q9 or 40.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I won't buy a PPQ45 unless it's in a paddle. HK will drop a VP45 soon, if they do, I'll get that instead....although, I'd rather have a PPQ45 M1.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Tell you what. Start sending those letters with checks for $700 and see what happens... You can talk about how you are only going to buy a .45 if it had paddles, but talk is cheap. If you are really serious, send a letter to Walther with a check attached. After about the fifth or sixth one, you might get their attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,763 Posts
If everyone in the USA wanted paddles, then you'd be seeing paddles and not buttons. ...
Sure if they offered both versions and dropped the paddles eventually I'd believe that but this is some clown at Walther America that believes America wants a push button. How the hell can people buy a paddle when they can't get them? And no, until very recently anyone who wanted a Walther like a P99 had to look long and hard or pay big money to get one as going to your local shop and seeing one like a Glock just didn't happen.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If they offer an M1 in .45 then I will sell my M2 and buy the M1. If they offer a 5" M1 .45 then I will buy that too.

I'm waiting....

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
... this is some clown at Walther America that believes America wants a push button. ...
We can agree, again, to disagree on this issue. If the demand for paddles was greater than it was for buttons, you'd be seeing paddles and not buttons ... despite what the clown you refer to thinks. I personally like the paddles and wish that Walther would offer both versions, I understand the rule of demand and the squeaky wheel. The only rumbling Walther sees on paddles is on the this forum, and even here it's hardly overwhelming.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts