Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a ppq 45 and I am wondering if anyone knows if ppq and ppq 45 have the same size dovetail. Also what kind of sight can fit it specifically for like a rmr. There has to be one that can be installed without a pic adapter or milled. I have seen a picture of one that fits. Sadly there was no information on what kind it was or discernable markings in that picture.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
The dovetail is the same size...past that I can't be much help. All I can say is that my TruGlo TFX Pro sights are interchangeable between the 9mm Q and the Q45...

·
Premium Member
13,799 Posts
Olsoul is right, same dovetail.

In all honesty, I'm not REAL sure what your asking/saying.

To quote John Travolta in the movie Phenomenon 'Specifics Bob, specifics'.

A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words......post a picture of this unicorn you're looking for.....maybe someone can identify it.

Or, do what this guy did https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/109856-had-ppq-45-slide-milled-q5-q4-plates.html Looks like a marriage made in a gunsmiths workshop....which is right next door to heaven.

It's gonna cost some money to do it right....don't cheap out and flubb it up.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You have three options if you want an RMR...

1 - Buy a Q5 or Q4

2 - Have slide milled for an rmr.

3 - I have a GP100 with an RMR. I was able to replace the sight with an adapter that takes an RMR plate. I have seen the same for 1911s. They are hard to find but they are our there.

The downside of option 3 is that the rmr will sit higher. It’s a little awkward. Also, on a semi auto, the attachment point better be solid. Can’t be plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry, I at further investigation into was wrong. It was not as I thought it to was 😞 so i cant show the pictures ypu would like. However I wonder if the sight are interchangeable between some ppq platforms and the dovetail is the same then I have found several rmr/adapters I will look up again and post that are listed as a match for ppq 9mm. Most places just say blah blah and ppq. Some do also say the 45 though. All that in mind doesnt that mean if it is listed for ppq then it should then fit the ppq 45 right? My other question is then why do so many people think that you would need a sight mount or a mill job as most people recommend? Besides choosing one that isn't listed as a match that is.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The dovetail for the PPQ 9mm 40 and 45 are all the same. Only the actual sight height is different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts