Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new to this site, and new to Walther. I have recently acquired a PPQ in 40 caliber with the paddle mag release. I have looked at Walther website and it only shows 9mm for the "Classic", but I know it isn't an "M2" because of the mag release button. So is mine considered a "classic" or what? Any info will be appreciated. I am wanting to purchase additional mags and holsters and want to be sure it will all fit. Thank you

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,560 Posts
Yes the PPQ 40 with the paddle mag release can be considered an M1/Classic. When Walther introduced the PPQ M2 in 9 and 40, they DID continue importing/selling the PPQ original version with paddles and it was given the moniker M1 and or Classic. However, Walther doesn't import the PPQ M1 in 40 caliber .... as you noticed on their web page.

As for magazines, they're still readily available....and some are even for sale right here on this site http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/trading-post-parts-bin/80169-mags-sale-ppq-m1-p99c.html .

As for holsters, keep in mind that the 40 caliber slide is about 1/8" longer than the 9mm. So, you need to be specific when looking for a holster....make sure it fits the 40.

We have holster vendors on THIS site.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Welcome! You do have a classic Q there. They just don't distribute the M1 or classic versions now, just the M2s. That makes them hard to find brand new. Just be sure to get the appropriate mags and such for it and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thank you for the quick response. It shoots great and it is going to be a keeper for me. The biggest problem will be keeping it from my wife...... She loves it also. We have numerous other handguns, but I have quickly moved this one to the top of my list. Thank you again

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
They just don't distribute the M1 or classic versions now...
Actually, they (Walther) do, but just in limited quantities, and not with any frequency. Maybe once a year, if even that.

I saw a Classic in 9mm with a BG date code this past winter at a gun store. They were askin 675 for it. Nope.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has a BB date code on it. I got mine in a swap. This is the first Walther for me and I love it. I just want to make sure I get the right parts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Actually, they (Walther) do, but just in limited quantities, and not with any frequency. Maybe once a year, if even that.

I saw a Classic in 9mm with a BG date code this past winter at a gun store. They were askin 675 for it. Nope.
I haven't seen any new M1/Classic PPQs in .40 s&w for sale in a long time. They do put out 9mms periodically. I'm not looking for one but they really seem to be true classics nowadays.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts