Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While decocking my PPQ 22LR using the offical way described in the manual (i.e., dry firing), this important piece broke off that sits right in front the hammer. I'm sure that functional part has a name...

My PPQ 22LR is 54 weeks old and looking at the Walther warranty for this pistol, they only cover workmanship issues for up to a year. :( I've got a customer support ticket into Walthers so we'll see if they give me a bit of grace. This isn't my first problem with this pistol. Right in the beginning I had a roll pin squeak out on the slide. Walthers eventually sent me a new slide. This has been a nice pistol that I've shot several thousand rounds through but it certainly hasn't been the most reliable or well built one.

I hope my PPQ 9mm or PPS M2 don't end up with issues like this in the long run.

·
Registered
777 Posts
My PPQ 22LR is 54 weeks old and looking at the Walther warranty for this pistol, they only cover workmanship issues for up to a year. :( I've got a customer support ticket into Walthers so we'll see if they give me a bit of grace. This isn't my first problem with this pistol. Right in the beginning I had a roll pin squeak out on the slide. Walthers eventually sent me a new slide. This has been a nice pistol that I've shot several thousand rounds through but it certainly hasn't been the most reliable or well built one.
Legendary Limited Lifetime Warranty - Walther Arms

Our warranty provides unwavering support for your new firearm and continues for the life cycle of the product as long as the company manufactures and supports it. If you purchase a Walther firearm, it carries its Legendary Warranty regardless of whether or not you are the original purchaser. This warranty covers Walther centerfire and rimfire firearms, produced after 1993 only and does not apply to antique, limited edition, or custom firearms.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually for the PPQ 22, the warranty as described in the manual is not quite so legendary:

"10. WARRANTY

WALTHER ARMS warrants that the enclosed firearm was originally manufactured free of defects in material, workmanship and mechanical function.

LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY

This firearm is warranted to the original owner for one (1) year from date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship and is not transferable."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts