Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started shooting Steel Challenge and I wanted to know if anyone has a red dot on their PPQ 22lr. Any brand suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh I didn't look close enough. I think that will work well for what I want. Just have to find the right parts now.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check out the post linked below, post #20, where I posted a few pics of my setup. I’m using an EGW M&P 9mm mount with a Vortex Venom. It’s been working out great for me.
Are you referring to this product (your link doesn't work)?:

If so, did you have to modify either the dovetail on the adapter plate or the dovetail slot on the slide?

Do you have to stick with high velocity ammunition because of the increased weight, or does the pistol cycle reliably with standard velocity ammo?

Balor

·
Registered
63 Posts
Slide mounted red dots add weight to the slide, and tend to get loose. The krinkov compensator in my picture was a gag, I do have a threaded barrel adapter on my PPQ, but it's for a ported compensator, to offset muzzle rise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used the Burris M&P mount that did require a shim (I'll try and post a picture). I went with a Viper to try and get the dot as close to the bore axis as possible. I've only run mini-mags and a few subsonic rounds with my can to function check it. Absolutely no issues. Cycled every time.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out the post linked below, post #20, where I posted a few pics of my setup. I’m using an EGW M&P 9mm mount with a Vortex Venom. It’s been working out great for me.
Are you referring to this product (your link doesn't work)?:

If so, did you have to modify either the dovetail on the adapter plate or the dovetail slot on the slide?

Do you have to stick with high velocity ammunition because of the increased weight, or does the pistol cycle reliably with standard velocity ammo?

Balor
Yes, that’s what I put on my 5” PPQ 22. I did not modify anything. Used blue loctite on all the screws and haven’t had any issues with anything coming loose. I don’t recall trying standard velocity rounds through it. I have a lot of mini mags that I use in this gun to save the standards for other firearms. If you can search for the post (titled “
PPQ M2 .22 Owners?” from Aug. 2017) you can see pics of how it looks installed. About 1/8” overhang out of the dovetail on each side but considering the options... it works well for me. I

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks slick. What ammo works best for you with that setup
I typically use the 36 grain hollow point CCI Mini-Mags, the 40 grain round nose CCI Mini-Mags, or Blazer through this gun. No particular reason other than my local dealer usually has them in stock for a good price to plink with. I use the McFadden Lightning loader with the PPQ 22 adapter and go through a lot of rounds pretty quickly when I take it to the range.... love this gun and ditching the oem rear sight for the Venom made it so much better for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts