Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm a UK target shooter looking for a fully screw/click adjustable (windage and elevation) rear sight for a PPQ in .22LR .

I'm really struggling for options, particularly as there is such a small market in the UK and so the product I'm looking for will probably be found in north america. Happy to modify a different product to suit if its been done before.

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry but I don’t believe there is such an animal as a fully adjustable rear sight for a PPQ 22. The PPQ 22 is not really a target gun so finding a fully adjustable rear sight might be difficult. From what I’ve read the M&P 22 rear sight will fit the dovetail of the PPQ 22 but is slightly wider. I have no personal experience with this but it might be something worth looking into.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just thought I'd share the end result in case anybody else wants to do the same.

I bought and had fitted with modifications a LPA SPF13WA Adjustable Sight Set for Walther PPQ Q5 Match with Fiber Optic onto a UK LBP .22 LR PPQ. Picture below.

20190307_192136_resized.jpg

20190307_192146_resized.jpg

20190307_192305_resized.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Very interesting, thanks for posting.
It seems that the LPA sights should work with any PPQ. I've asked about adjustable sights for a PPQ 45 and not found any options before.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That does look pretty good! I would be interested if you had to modify the slide at all. I love the gun but don't like the stock rear sight. If I could find a replacement that doesn't require modification I'd consider it. I wish they just used the same sights as on the centerfire PPQ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, to answer the questions...

1) I didnt have to modify the slide at all

2) The rear dovetail did require filing and modification which I had a local gunsmith do, but in fact it was easy and I should have done it myself.

3) The front sight needs to be fitted with a 4mm M2 screw, which is different to the OEM Walther foresight screw. I bought five off ebay for £2. Note that you may have to file the head of the M2 screw down slightly to stop it scratching the barrel.

4) I attached the front sight with red threadlocker due to the vibration risk - belt and braces and all that!

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to light up an old thread like this, but I'm thinking of doing this also and I'm interested in how the LPA sights actually fitted. Do the rear sights use the same screw fitting from the underside of the slide? And did the front sights need any filing to fit the existing aperture - I thought that the slot for the factory 22lr front sight was smaller than that for the full bore 9mm front sight?

·
Registered
121 Posts
And further adding to an old thread - and again apologies - a UK firm has now developed replacement sights for the Walther PPQ 22lr pistol - yellow, red and 'contrast steel' sights, which should be a simple fit in place of the factory jobs. I don't know about quality, just stumbled on their website.... Fibre Optic Sight Set for Walther PPQ and Colt 1911 LBP's | odefenceuk. Might help someone.
Thanks for sharing! the PPQ .22 sights were always frustrating to me. Why go through so much trouble to mimic the look and feel of the 9/40 PPQ's but stop at the sights.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Are these replacement sights all fiber optic?

I'd like a standard, high quality, adjustable rear sight - but not fiber optic.

Last I heard, a rear sight designed for the S&W M&P22, and slightly modified, was the best choice for the PPQ22. Why would they make the dovetail on the PPQ22 slide different from other PPQs? Doesn't make sense...

Have I missed anything?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are these replacement sights all fiber optic?

I'd like a standard, high quality, adjustable rear sight - but not fiber optic.

Last I heard, a rear sight designed for the S&W M&P22, and slightly modified, was the best choice for the PPQ22. Why would they make the dovetail on the PPQ22 slide different from other PPQs? Doesn't make sense...

Have I missed anything?
They do have a "contrast sight" option if you don't want the fiber optic it appears.

The only thing that I can think of is that since the PPQ 22 slide is made of aluminum or some other alloy instead of steel, like all the other PPQ's have, they may have used a different dovetail to keep people from chewing up the slide trying to hammer in sights that are designed to tightly fit an all steel slide? Either way, why they would choose to make a different sight picture is beyond me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts