Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm a UK target shooter looking for a fully screw/click adjustable (windage and elevation) rear sight for a PPQ in .22LR .

I'm really struggling for options, particularly as there is such a small market in the UK and so the product I'm looking for will probably be found in north america. Happy to modify a different product to suit if its been done before.

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry but I don’t believe there is such an animal as a fully adjustable rear sight for a PPQ 22. The PPQ 22 is not really a target gun so finding a fully adjustable rear sight might be difficult. From what I’ve read the M&P 22 rear sight will fit the dovetail of the PPQ 22 but is slightly wider. I have no personal experience with this but it might be something worth looking into.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just thought I'd share the end result in case anybody else wants to do the same.

I bought and had fitted with modifications a LPA SPF13WA Adjustable Sight Set for Walther PPQ Q5 Match with Fiber Optic onto a UK LBP .22 LR PPQ. Picture below.

20190307_192136_resized.jpg

20190307_192146_resized.jpg

20190307_192305_resized.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Very interesting, thanks for posting.
It seems that the LPA sights should work with any PPQ. I've asked about adjustable sights for a PPQ 45 and not found any options before.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That does look pretty good! I would be interested if you had to modify the slide at all. I love the gun but don't like the stock rear sight. If I could find a replacement that doesn't require modification I'd consider it. I wish they just used the same sights as on the centerfire PPQ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, to answer the questions...

1) I didnt have to modify the slide at all

2) The rear dovetail did require filing and modification which I had a local gunsmith do, but in fact it was easy and I should have done it myself.

3) The front sight needs to be fitted with a 4mm M2 screw, which is different to the OEM Walther foresight screw. I bought five off ebay for £2. Note that you may have to file the head of the M2 screw down slightly to stop it scratching the barrel.

4) I attached the front sight with red threadlocker due to the vibration risk - belt and braces and all that!

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts