Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, having recently discovered the PPQ 22 I've decided to go for one. Since I already have the PPQ 5" in 9mm I've decided to go the same route with the .22 offering. I prefer the added sight radius as well as the fact that it comes with a fiber optic front sight. I've heard varying reports as to how well they digest various ammo offerings, so I can only hope for the best. If there are any brands/types that are known to work reasonably well please let me know.

Thanks much... RUT

·
Registered
214 Posts
I recently got a 5" model. I've been trying it with various ammo. So far, I've used CC! Std Velocity, CCI Mini-Mag, 3 different type of Federal Target, and Remington Sub-Sonic. All fed with zero malfunctions so far. Best accuracy so far has been with Mini Mags and Federal Auto match. Planning to shoot it with a red dot mounted this week, so I'll probably nail down the accuracy more after that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I shoot CCI SV in my PPQ22, but do have an occasional failure to lock the slide back on the last round.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys, thanks for the input.I have a myriad of .22 ammo kicking around, so I'll give them a test and see what works best.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine does shoot higher velocity ammo just fine, but I feel it's just additional wear on the pistol.

Make sure you clean the chamber well and lube all the contact points regularly.

I have a few other .22 pistols, but like the PPQ22 the best.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I too have and have had countless .22 handguns, but I'm always looking for the next one. So, I went ahead and placed my order for the PPQ 22 5" this morning. It won't show up at my LGS for a couple of weeks, what with the distributors being backed up and all. Will look forward to giving it a go!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Did everyone buying a PPQ .22 get 2 12 rd mags with it? Before I ordered mine, all the specs I saw said it came with 1 12 rd mag. When I opened mine I was surprised it came with 2.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Did everyone buying a PPQ .22 get 2 12 rd mags with it? Before I ordered mine, all the specs I saw said it came with 1 12 rd mag. When I opened mine I was surprised it came with 2.
Yes - mine came with two magazines.

I went ahead and purchased an additional mag at the same time as the pistol because everything I read said they came with only one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same model and I love it. Over hundreds of rounds of various types of 22LR ammo, it's never failed. You're going to love yours, too. I even wound up getting a total of 10 mags so that I can load them up for a session and not have to stop.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I still like mine but it made me a dumbass today. Had a failure to eject, couldn't reach the case rim to pull it out, so I stripped the gun down and got the case out. Then, I could not get it back together no matter how hard I tried. Gave up and went home. Finally realized I had the recoil buffer in backwards. Flipped it around and everything went together fine. Felt like a dope for not catching it.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up my PPQ/22 5" today and made a trip to the range this afternoon. I put ~200 rounds through it without a hiccup, to include Aquila, Tippman (both 40 gr. round nose), and generic white box Federal hollow points. It fed and fired each and every round and was knocking down those steel plates with relative ease. I have to say, this thing shoots almost as well as my 9mm version, so I very pleased with it so far! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts