Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, having recently discovered the PPQ 22 I've decided to go for one. Since I already have the PPQ 5" in 9mm I've decided to go the same route with the .22 offering. I prefer the added sight radius as well as the fact that it comes with a fiber optic front sight. I've heard varying reports as to how well they digest various ammo offerings, so I can only hope for the best. If there are any brands/types that are known to work reasonably well please let me know.

Thanks much... RUT

·
Registered
205 Posts
I recently got a 5" model. I've been trying it with various ammo. So far, I've used CC! Std Velocity, CCI Mini-Mag, 3 different type of Federal Target, and Remington Sub-Sonic. All fed with zero malfunctions so far. Best accuracy so far has been with Mini Mags and Federal Auto match. Planning to shoot it with a red dot mounted this week, so I'll probably nail down the accuracy more after that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I shoot CCI SV in my PPQ22, but do have an occasional failure to lock the slide back on the last round.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys, thanks for the input.I have a myriad of .22 ammo kicking around, so I'll give them a test and see what works best.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine does shoot higher velocity ammo just fine, but I feel it's just additional wear on the pistol.

Make sure you clean the chamber well and lube all the contact points regularly.

I have a few other .22 pistols, but like the PPQ22 the best.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I too have and have had countless .22 handguns, but I'm always looking for the next one. So, I went ahead and placed my order for the PPQ 22 5" this morning. It won't show up at my LGS for a couple of weeks, what with the distributors being backed up and all. Will look forward to giving it a go!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did everyone buying a PPQ .22 get 2 12 rd mags with it? Before I ordered mine, all the specs I saw said it came with 1 12 rd mag. When I opened mine I was surprised it came with 2.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did everyone buying a PPQ .22 get 2 12 rd mags with it? Before I ordered mine, all the specs I saw said it came with 1 12 rd mag. When I opened mine I was surprised it came with 2.
Yes - mine came with two magazines.

I went ahead and purchased an additional mag at the same time as the pistol because everything I read said they came with only one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same model and I love it. Over hundreds of rounds of various types of 22LR ammo, it's never failed. You're going to love yours, too. I even wound up getting a total of 10 mags so that I can load them up for a session and not have to stop.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I still like mine but it made me a dumbass today. Had a failure to eject, couldn't reach the case rim to pull it out, so I stripped the gun down and got the case out. Then, I could not get it back together no matter how hard I tried. Gave up and went home. Finally realized I had the recoil buffer in backwards. Flipped it around and everything went together fine. Felt like a dope for not catching it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts