Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
The website states that international orders are't possible. Is it the American law that makes it impossible to ship such parts to a foreign destination?
ITAR - International Traffic in Arms Regulations.

This is a US regulation that controls the manufacture, sale, and distribution of defense and space related articles and services as defined in the US Munitions List. Businesses wanting to import or export items on the USML must register with the State Department, pay a fee, and follow their guidance.

In other words, it can be done legally but ain't cheap.

Premium Member
@Redcat94Does this law affect private exports by individuals too or professional business only?
Unfortunately ITAR affects private citizens too.

This thread has reminded me of my old job. I worked at a small machine shop right out of college. The owner also had a second business that dealt in used aircraft parts located in the same building. He wound up getting arrested because he sold some parts to an Iranian national living in Switzerland. The first batch made it through, but the second was stopped by US Customs. It turned out that the FBI had wire tapped our phones and were able to prove that my boss new that the end destination of these parts was Iran.

Fun times!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts