Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster on this forum. I am going to purchase a PPQ 22 in either 4 or 5 inch barrel configuration. At my local gun shop the 5 inch model is $80 more than the 4 inch one - seeking thoughts on whether the longer barrel is worth the extra money?

I shoot a lot of 9mm (CZ 75B, Shadow 2, Sig Legion and a Sig p365) plus 45 (DW Valor and HK Expert). I do not have a 22 pistol of any flavor and looking at the PPQ as a cheaper method of plinking and as a trainer for my 10 year old grandson. I have researched 22 pistols extensively and the PPQ 22 seems to be just what I want. I like how it is similar in size to a standard compact pistol plus from what I've read it is well made. It appears that when it first came out it was pretty ammo finicky however now reports state it's pretty reliable.

Would appreciate thoughts on the different length barrels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I went with the 5", mainly because I have a PPQ 9mm in 5". Same size and feel. Much prefer the sights on the .22. The 5" .22 comes with fiber optic front sight and they also put the same lightening cuts in the slide as the centerfire models. My first session with mine, right out of the box, went through 150rd or so and had 1 failure to eject and that was probably more the ammo than the gun. Very easy gun to shoot well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have & enjoy both. As previously stated, the 5” comes with fiber optic front sight (actually 2, in case the point of impact is off). I bought the 4” first, and spent ~$40 with Walther for a FO front sight (wish I’d bought the 5” first; I would’ve gotten it for “free” for the 4”).

Both have proven accurate and reliable. After adding the FO front sight to the 4”, I’ve not noticed any difference in accuracy between the two. I do prefer the 5”, but don’t know why. It really boils down to personal preference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts