Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m new to the forum. I am interested in getting a ppks 380 and have been for a long time. What is the weight of a ppks. I keep seeing different sites stating different weights. From 19 oz to 23 oz. I figured Someone here might know or has weighed one. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Adding rubberized Pachmyer grips will also add more weight.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Web entries/posts oftentimes interchange the terms "PPK" and PPK/S", but they are two different pistols. Each also has "empty" and "loaded" weights. If you go to the Walther USA website you can get the weights of their current pistols.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would think the Walther and Interarms would weigh less than the S&W and the Ft. Smith guns because of the latters' extended beavertail. I gu

·
Registered
592 Posts
The weight of the PPK or PPK/S (with or without an extended grip tang) is better understood when compared to another popular pistol, the Glock 42.

The back of my Interarms manual states a weight of "23 oz" for the PPK/S but does not indicate if this is loaded or unloaded weight. However, if you just assume "23 oz" for the PPK/S, then compare that to the "Googled" weight of a Glock 42:
-- Glock 42 Weight Unloaded: 13.76 oz.
-- Glock 42 Weight Loaded: 14.36 oz.

This comparion with a Glock 42, lets you know a PPK/S is a rather heavy .380 ACP pistol.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Disregard my suggestion to obtain weights from the Walther site. It shows "19 oz" for both the PPK and the PPK/S.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just weighed my 68 W German PPK .32 fully loaded. It weighed 23.6 oz.

Weighed my Interarms 1993 PPK Stainless in .380 fully loaded. It weighed 23.0 even.

My 1984 or so Interarms PPK/s fully loaded weighs 25.7

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 1975 W German PPK/S .380 weighs 22.6 oz. empty and 25.3 oz. loaded. It has a magazine without a finger extension. My 1977 W German PPK/S .380 weighs 22.8 oz. empty. It has a magazine with the finger extension.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The PPK/S is an exceptionally heavy gun for a pocket 380. But it is still a pocket gun, and so still weighs basically nothing.

I don't have a scale accurate enough to weigh my current production PPK/S but I'm guessing the 23 oz mark is about right. There will be some variation in weight due to different materials and minor changes such as changes in the beaver tail size. But overall it's going to be a bit heavier than a glock 42 or Ruger LCP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts