Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a PPKS .380 and it shoots very low and to the left. Can the rear sight be adjusted/replaced , or does the shooter just need to compensate. this is not my favorite option

·
Registered
713 Posts
Would almost bet its you. Try shooting from a rest ,let someone else shoot.
Go to my board Bersatalk My Webpage I have a shooter guide posted their they will show what you are doing if shooting low/left.  If you are L/hander reverse the findings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it may well be me as I am shooting the same way I shoot my other handguns. I also found several posts here with the same dilema . Two shooting low to the left.
I did not find your shooters guide on your web site and would appreciate any helpful comments . It will save ammo figuring it out on my own.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Of Course the rear sight is adjustable for left/right adjustment with just a brass punch & a Hammer..
I'm not sure if Walther offers a taller rear sight but I'd guess that they do.. If Not Filling the front sight down could be an option..
If yours is a Newer S&W Manufactured Pistol, I'd contact them
For what it's worth my S&W PPK/S is Deadly Accurate..
Here's That Chart From The HighRoad.. Hope it helps..
From it's Info Your Might try loosening your grip a bit & or maybe your jerking/slapping the trigger..
I'd try this & letting others shoot it first before I would make any adjustments..
And Nice Bersa Website Too Michael...
My Father In Law Has a Bersa .380...
Shooter Guide

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting...

My S&W PPK/S is extremely accurate as well (and I'm an average handgunner, at best). I would think that if you're a competent shooter, it's probably the sights, yes.

Try shooting from a rest as michael suggests. I would also encourage you to do the stupid exercise of shooting at point-blank range; move the target to 3-5 yards and fire directly at the center of the bullseye. If you can't duplicate the low-left placement, then move the target back to 5-10 yards and try again. This should help you with adjustment of windage/elevation. I wouldn't recommend just "living with it" and compensating. It'll screw you up when you switch to another pistol.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ok I went back to bersatalk.com and found it. Its posted as a sticky in General talk 2nd post down under Welcome thread.
hitting low left at 7 o'clock Jerking or slaping trigger
hitting low left at 8 o'clock Tighting fingers

If you are new to a PPK/s This is likely your problem. I have trouble going from a rev. to a auto and then different sizes.
The PPK/S and Bersa are both very accurate pistols. I posted this a Bersa because Was having trouble with new people having trouble and also wanting to adjust their sights. I will not change my sights untill I have made sure all other variabiles are gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, this will be e abig help and I will check it out, my other pistols are both revolvers and the trigger pull on the walther is much harder than any gun I have shot . I will say that the gun is consistent. we shall see thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
"the walther is much harder than any gun I have shot "

Their lies the trouble The hard DA trigger. Remember that a up close and personal trigger. Then you won't notice the weight. Also trigger will become easiler the more pistol is shot . A Rev is a totaly different than a PPK/S The feel ,angle of grip ,reach of trigger .

Might get a 16lb bowling ball and make up a finger excersize machine. Go shoot a Beretta Tom Cat you will think Walther a target trigger after that. least one I tried.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a ppks and I like it very much. I would like to fix/replace the factory sights however. Does anyone know where I could get night sights from or if there is another model of night sights that work on the ppks that I could use as a substitute? The current set up could use some work for shooting in low light conditions.

-Critter

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The only way I know is to have a gunsmith "smith" some in for you. They would need to get a small set of Trijicon or Meps and cut the top of your slide so they fit. Probably cost about $200 is my guess. It is too bad, but an old design like the ppk doesn't lend itself to easy sight upgrades. I have a .32 NAA Guardian that has a nice set of trijicons, the rear is a shallow "V" and the front sight is a luminous green dot. I would think these would work well for a ppk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts