Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How or where can I find out more information on my grandfather’s Walther PPK? From pictures that I have seen, it seems to be a model from the 1946-56 era. He bought it in 1964 from a police officer friend that was retiring. It also has the original owners manual (in German), and 2 additional clips. Is there a way that I could look it up? I would like to find out where, and when it was made as well as its current value. I tried e-mailing directly to Walther’s web site, but they have ignored my inquiries.  
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
archman77,

I could tell you more if you could give me the serial number. You can leave off the last 3-4 digits if giving out the serial number bothers you. Also if you could post a picture or send me a picture I could tell more from it also. If its a really old one, from 1930's or 40's, I can only get an approximate date because no one really knows because Walther's records were destroyed during the war.

If the PPK is a newer model, the year of manufacture will be stamped on the chamber in the ejection port. There should be a eagle over an N stamp (proof mark) near by.

Devin

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
archman77,

From the serial number it looks like the pistol was made around 1941 or 1942.

Depending on the condition of the gun, various markings that may be on the gun, and some other factors will determine its value. Depending on all these factors, the PPK could be worth as little as $200 or as much as $1000 or more. A picture would tell me a lot, if you can get one.

Are you interested in selling it?

Devin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I don’t have a picture of the exact one, I have attached a picture of one I found online that looks the same.  As for markings, it has some kind of horns, as well as an eagle over the letter N.  As for condition, the brown plastic on the clip has a small crack where it connects to the metal, other than that, it looks like it is band new, and fires perfectly too.  

I was originally researching it to help my grandfather sell it, but I think I am going to buy it from him.  I just want it to be fair for the both of us.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If that is what your PPK looks like, than someone has replaced the grips. This wouldn't be surprising, because the Trolit grips were notorious for cracking.

This will bring the value of your PPK down a bit, but it's still a nice piece.

Devin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts