Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding the PPK "radium" night sights, do these ever come up for sale? I don't even know how to do a search for them or if anyone would even have a clue what they have. I have never seen one in person, what is the going rate?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, that's the auction that got me thinking about it.

I would assume that pistol, with mags and holster would be about $1000-1400. So is the sight really worth $2000??? That is why I turned to the forum to ask?

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
So is the sight really worth $2000??? That is why I turned to the forum to ask?
Probably. I haven't been collecting as long as ONeal but I've never seen one for sale either. I doubt that many were ever made and it's an easy thing to get lost or thrown out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hello all,
I am sure there are still quite a few of these lying around in any drawers. Maybe the owners have no idea what it is and what it is worth ...
Best wishes, Dieter.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Regarding the PPK "radium" night sights, do these ever come up for sale?
Very rarely do they come up for sale in the U.S. And when they do, one must exercise extreme caution in the authenticity. Several years ago, some were available on a couple auction sites. Sadly though, they were forgeries. Very good ones though. No doubt the work was completed by a skilled machinist.

·
Registered
629 Posts
TANFOGLIO was that last poster that I saw that purchased a legitimate one. But unfortunately he lives outside of the US and has connections.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Very rarely do they come up for sale in the U.S. And when they do, one must exercise extreme caution in the authenticity. Several years ago, some were available on a couple auction sites. Sadly though, they were forgeries. Very good ones though. No doubt the work was completed by a skilled machinist.
Rick, do you have any details on these alleged fakes that were marketed on auction sites. No one else seems to have picked up on the occurrence to report on other forums. Who and how were they determined to be fake?

Last one I saw offered for sale was at $500 twelve years ago. Here is a link showing two of the sights offered with a PPK.

Walther PPK Semi-Automatic Pistol with Two Matching Serialized Magazines, Grip Extension Magazine an

Reactions: TwiceRTD
1 - 8 of 8 Posts