Walther Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Over the last thirty some years, I've owned pre war PP's, post war French PP's /PPK/s, German PPK/s, S&W PPK/s and Fort Smith PPK/s in everything from .22 to .380. All shot well with ball (or ersatz Ball like PowRball or the one with the plastic red insert), to point of aim and would go thru 3 - 5 mags reliably without a malfunction.
Sure there are small power houses, but most are clunky and not a whole lot of fun to shoot. I've got average to large hands and both guns fit just fine. Did have a fellow officer with hands like Shaq and yes he had trouble.

As for stopping the bad guys, it's really about bullet placement and cutting their wires or causing their blood pressure to zero. Course if I'm headed into harms way, that 870 with slugs tends to take the fight out of almost everyone even without firing a shot

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I love Walthers and actually a tat addicted to their gorgeous appearance (only the 60’s to 90’s TPH, PPK/s, PP, P88 and P88C). Why because its what I enjoy to have, shoot, look at, feel and play with, it makes me happy! Quite a lot of people on this forum are experts and they know the up and down side of each of their (older generation) Walthers. There is a reason why there is such a variance in pistols and weaponry in general. Debates on mine is bigger or better than yours or I know better are not useful or educational. I miss MGMike his knowledge and guidance showing us what this forum was for, to learn the ins and outs of Walthers and enjoy them together.

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Yeah, hope Mike rethinks his retirement here. Understand that we codgers don't deal well with change, but he is a real resource, as well as an acerbic, but entertaining, curmudgeon.
Modern guns could profit from a little design engineering; some graceful curves and well considered angles. By all reports, the Kimber sort-of-a-Centennial isn't a bad gun, but it is ugly as a mud fence. We won't even discuss BLOCKs regarding their looks.
Moon

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Yeah, hope Mike rethinks his retirement here. Understand that we codgers don't deal well with change, but he is a real resource, as well as an acerbic, but entertaining, curmudgeon.
Modern guns could profit from a little design engineering; some graceful curves and well considered angles. By all reports, the Kimber sort-of-a-Centennial isn't a bad gun, but it is ugly as a mud fence. We won't even discuss BLOCKs regarding their looks.
Moon
I hear you on that Kimber revolver. It's an excellent revolver. Trigger pull of a K frame. Good sights. Thin and small for a 6 shot. Well constructed.

But yeah...ugly as sin. As much as I appreciate it as a step forward in concealment defensive revolvers, it's hard to get past the looks. Hurts the pride in ownership thing for sure.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts