Walther Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
cant make em fast enough..ppk tang

HI GUYS..I still make em and have since got a pat. for them...i will be listing some soon on ebay search waltherppk/s slide bite

i am unable to keep up with demand....and have since had to come out of retirement due to wife layoff and working lousy hrs...so I list maybe 3 to 5 a week...sometimes none...please bare with me...i will get them up soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Pilotsteve,

I can't see your pictures of grasping the PPK, it seems the images are no longer available

Any tips to resolve this problem ?

Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
592 Posts
What i do to avoid slide bite:
-- When first on the firing line, I practice griping my PPK with slide locked to the rear. Doing so helps me adjust my grip before shooting. My most common adjustment is to straiten my thumb. If I bend my thumb, the large joint tends to get in the way.
-- I prefer flat bottom mags so I can slip my picky under the grip.
-- I limit my round count so hand grip fatigue / my concentration doesn't cause me to get sloppy. Any tenderness signals it's time to stop.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
There is a thread or two on the WF about slide bite, so you might do a search and see what people say. I haven’t experienced this, but common suggestions include not holding the pistol in a very high Glockesque grip and wearing a shooting glove (e.g., fingerless). I soon found that the grip height of the PPK just wasn’t for me, even with a finger-rest magazine. The PP and the PPK/S fit my hand well, so that is all that I now own. Good luck!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts