Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear sight on my PPK needs to adjusted; it needs to be moved to the right about 1 millimeter. I want to align the red dot with the loaded chanber indicator as it shots to the left (200 rounds through it now, so it's broken in somewhat). What is the best way to do this? I don’t want to leave any marks, scars, on the sight as the finish on the gun is perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Benny

·
Registered
178 Posts
Brass punch & a Padded vise..
I use 10" scraps of an old belt to hold the slide in the vise..
B92

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I put a pad between the punch and the side of the site? Maybe a piece of thin rubber like a bicycle tube?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wouldn't hurt..If you want to try it..
I've also taped the end of the punch with tape, alot easier to hold in place.
I've had great luck just useing a brass punch, I have one that I've ground the tip more rectangled so I can get at the very bottom of the sight nearest the dovetail..
Also wet the sight & dovetail with some penatrating oil just to help yourself out..
I would also use a small piece of pinstripe tape, Masking tape etc to know were you started so you can know, Instead of guess were your going..
I've installed sights in Glocks SIGs & Rugers with this method, Sometimes the punch will leave a brass mark on the sight but will usually remove easily with a Q-Tip soaked with copper remover/Bore Scrubber..
Good Luck Benny!!
B92

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, B92. Your tips help a lot; I don't want to make the kind of mistake where there is no going back.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just make sure that the problem is the gun/sights & not that your pulling/jerking the trigger first..
1 mm will move the point of impact quite a bit downrange..
I've been realy lucky with my PPK/S as it's a Factory Tac Driver..Wouldn't change a thing as far as the sights go, There a little small but a much larger sight would look ugly & hamper propper concealability IMO.
Go Slow on your sight movement, Sometimes It takes quite a "WHACK" to get em to start moving..
Be Carefull!!

B92

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am almost 100% sure the rear sight needs to go the right (as you look from the rear of the gun).  I had two guns with me at the range yesterday and the Walther is off a bit.  As I look at it again, it's probably more like 0.25 to 0.5 mm that it needs to be moved.  My German PP has the white sight paint centered above the loaded chamber indicator and it's spot on.  The PPK just needs to be moved a bit to get the red sight paint centered as well.  Other than this, and this is really nothing, the PPK is sweeeeeeeeet!  100% reliable out of the box, easy at handle, accurate as all-get-out.  I'm lovin' it.  I sure don't want the punch to slip; maybe I should find a 'smith that has a sight tool?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I assume it's stainless
Is the one with the sight problem Interarms, or Smith & Wesson?
Just wondered..
Scarfing down some yummy Chicken my Wife's had in the Crock Pot all day.. Mmmmmm Man That's Good!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you could only smell the House.. Yummy!!
I'm telling you my Wife is the master of the kitchen..
All made from scratch seasoned perfect & so tender that it almost falls apart..
Let me know how the sight adjustment goes Benny.
Gary/B92 [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts