Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a PPK 7.65 with the serial number 883541. The only other unique marking is an RZ in a circle. Does anyone know the year it was made? It is in pretty rough externally so I don't know what it is worth.
Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Geatano,
Your PPK was made in 1936 and issued to "Reichszeugmeisterei" (RZM), which was in charge of procuring weapons and other equipment for the NSDAP party. So if you look more closely you will see that the emblem on the slide is "RZM".
Enjoy! Dieter H. Marschall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geatano,
Your PPK was made in 1936 and issued to "Reichszeugmeisterei" (RZM), which was in charge of procuring weapons and other equipment for the NSDAP party. So if you look more closely you will see that the emblem on the slide is "RZM".
Enjoy! Dieter H. Marschall.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Could I get a more detailed pic of the RZM marking? I've also own a RZM-PPK (804xxx) and to me the marking looks a bit odd.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Answerd my question myself ;). Seems to be original. Your pic is a bit misleading... Grip is broken! But magazin extension looks good. Stored several years in it's old leather holster. That's why it's pretty rough.

Value: Because Dieter and I are from Germany, we are unable to value a fair price for the US.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm no expert, nor even a seasoned PPK owner, but here goes. It does not have collector value because there are plenty of era-correct PPKs for sale...expensive, but that's the way it goes. It's value, to me, would be as a shooter. Whatever that is, not a whole lot. It's probably more valuable for its parts than as a whole gun. So I'm basically saying I wouldn't buy it unless I wanted to get extra parts for my .32. A set of original grips would cost more than the gun is worth with broken grips, IMO.

For me, I'd get it refinished by a pro. No collector value, as I said before, so you could only make it look better. That would only be if you want a PPK; it would be expensive. As is, not interested.

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
Do not get it refinished. It is an RZM and as such even in its present condition has some value as a collectable. It is a shame about the grips as they certainly diminish the value.
Still do not refinish the weapon. Give it a good Ballistol soak and make sure it is in good working order.
Cherish an interesting part of history. I'd add it to my collection as I've yet to acquire an RZM. Down the road you could always trade up if you find another.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's just me with the refinish. A replacement grip will cost more, IMO, than the gun is worth...again, to me. I don't think (actually, I know) I won't live long enough to make the pistol collectable. Condition, condition, condition. It's a shooter, and without provenance is only that. There are RZM pistols out there in far better condition and while pricy, they're not unobtainable, and the pictured gun won't shoot any better than those. I'm not a collector, and I might be entirely wrong, though. Like to hear other opinions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RZM marked PPK’s are quite collectible. I’d hold on to it if you are collecting. Check out legacy-collectibles.com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts