1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
New to the forum... recently purchased ppk with serial number 207153, no prefix
Eagle over N stamped on frame below serial number and left side of slide.
Not having any luck finding a production date or history...? any info would be much appreciated.

You have a post-war gun Walther produced in Ulm. The web site provided above is for pre-May 8 1945 Walthers and will do you no good. Usually post-war Walthers were proofed on the slide/ejection port area with the date of production. Yours doesn't seem to have any ex-W German police property markings, nor any import marks, so it was probably a pre-1968 GCA import to the US. Just a commercial with no other history available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not having any luck finding a production date or history...? any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks for that.. I've researched that website already with no luck matching the serial number to a production date. Pistol has some how made it's way here to New Zealand. Possibly a returning serviceman?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thanks for that.. I've researched that website already with no luck matching the serial number to a production date. Pistol has some how made it's way here to New Zealand. Possibly a returning serviceman?
Did you read my above post? The website given above is for pistols produced in pre-1945 Zella-Mehlis. Yours was produced in W. Germany in Ulm on the Donau after the end of WWII. I doubt it was returned with a service man as it was produced after the end of WWII. Don't know if it was imported to NZ or what. But it is a modern Walther.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, so there is no way of finding out a production date based on this serial number and proof Mark's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts