Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered about this serial number. It is low, but is it a special run or new run or just what with the W as a pre letter to the SN. It is a very nice shape gun, I really don't think it was shot much if any. There is no import stamp any where. The serial number is not stenciled in on the inside of the slide, or is that for war-time PPK's? Anyway, what is your idea on the W with the SN. Also, I have been a lurker here, so if my first post shows an immense
lack of knowledge, I apologize.
Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
The leading "W" means it was a US made (by Ranger) 1983 batch that was shipped to Ulm from Interams. Then Walther completed them and sold them in Germany . Interesting that it made it's way back to the U.S. Maybe a military bring-back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The leading "W" means it was a US made (by Ranger) 1983 batch that was shipped to Ulm from Interams. Then Walther completed them and sold them in Germany . Interesting that it made it's way back to the U.S. Maybe a military bring-back?
My Interarms 380 PPK/S is 010193 with no letter. Just the number. Would this be around the same time frame?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
As far as I know these guns were made as a limited (test-) run combining a Ranger made frame w. a slide made by Walther/Ulm (not Manuhrin). These guns were sold in Germany (f.e. by Frankonia or Kettner and also to US- rod and gunclubs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts