Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO , JUST TWO QUESTIONS REF.
WALTHER PPKS .380, What custom work improves accuracy and reliability feeding etc. 2 Is there any custom gunsmith you recommend in lower Michigan ? I am interested in a trigger rework etc .
Thanks in advance

Ari

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Shoot it a lot, if the pull doesn't clean up, then look for a custom smith to work it over.

If you have a Euro or Interarms made pistol ... they don't need any puffing. Some of the S&W versions are pretty rough. If your's works don't try to "fix" it ... if not send it to either S&W or Walther for needed fixes.

Out of the box the Walther PP series pistols are about as good as it gets.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
So......... the words.... absolutely crisp single action...... might not ever apply to my two new PPK/s 380's?
Oh the horror. ;(
May I find solace in the mint Colt DS that followed me home when I was testing the new stainless PPK/s.
Seriously...... I'll run 1K thru each and keep hoping?

·
Registered
135 Posts
So......... the words.... absolutely crisp single action...... might not ever apply to my two new PPK/s 380's?
Oh the horror. ;(
May I find solace in the mint Colt DS that followed me home when I was testing the new stainless PPK/s.
Seriously...... I'll run 1K thru each and keep hoping?

Be of good cheer.

Yes, some live and dry fire will smooth out some of the new pistol slight grits in the trigger. After a few hundred rounds remove the grips, and you can access the various elements of the trigger system. A light smear of grease will complete the job.

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
It seems they say shoot it more until it functions perfectly. Used or new guns should function perfectly with quality manufactured trusted ammunition for the police or for the military.

Don't think shooting a brand new gun "in" is the recipe. Think about why the gun is not working after being sold to you. Don't succumb to "working it in" with 500 rounds or more. Kimber says shoot 500 rounds to make sure all works right but Kimbers in my time brand new out of the box in 1911 models worked first time every time. Kimber is a level above a lot of 1911 manufacturers and....

"HELLO , JUST TWO QUESTIONS REF.
WALTHER PPKS .380, What custom work improves accuracy and reliability feeding etc. 2 Is there any custom gunsmith you recommend in lower Michigan ? I am interested in a trigger rework etc .
Thanks in advance"

....Walther PPK/S .380s are, to me, unreliable for reasons I have related to concerning the original design of the PP series with the .32 or 7.65mm. The .380 is a slice too big and the .22 is unreliable (a slice too small in a blow back design for the original .32 auto).

Your choice is to sell the pistol and get a real Walther in .32 or 7.65mm or work with your pistol. If you want to work with your pistol then send it back to the manufacturer for a look-see to fix it. They should be able to do that.

There are people moderating this forum who will give you full support in advice aside from what I said. I say trust them if you want to keep your .380 PPK/S. If it was up to me I'd say get rid of it and use what you can recover to get another PP series of classical or recent history in .32 if you want to stick with PP series. If you want the .380 I have many other suggestions better than a PP series designed, originally, for the .32 auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts