Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought one nib, anyone help with history, or why made? its suposed to be 1 of 400, but hard to tell from serial number. some say the grips are zebra wood and others say bamboo, whats correct? this one has the tiger in gold, did they make any with out the gold? is this going to be a start by S&W to make a bunch of special editions of these guns? value? comments please

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
OK, I'll bite.

Never heard of it. I don't see any mention of it on the Walther or S&W sites. Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its chrome plated with laser ingraving, and a tiger on one side and ppks on the other side plated in gold. how do you post pics on this forum, or I can e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've seen them on the web, they look really nice to me, and I want one to add to my collection: PP, PPK, and PPK\S. How do you like it? Are you going to shoot it? Range report?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not going to shoot it, its for investment only. too pretty to shoot. I collect special editions, including winchester and colt commemoratives and like most collectors have always wanted a nice walther for my collection.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought one of these on an impulse and got a great deal on it. I shoot it (a lot) and the grips do not fit properly which causes all kinds of FTF. I modified the grips and later bought a new set.

I bought it on a impulse since it was only a bit more than a 'standard' ppk/s and I like shinny pistols. But it is hard to beat since it eats anything, is very accurate, is a great pocket carry and is very reliable (once you fix the grips!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts