Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comparing a PPK and PPK/S at a show last weekend. I'm going to buy either one or the other. I like the feel of the PPK/S but I would like it to function as a pocket gun. Is the PPK/S still a viable option? Just looking at the two one after the other there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference.

This is a picture I made using the stock photos off Walther's site just as a comparison.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've picked up both recently too. Seems that the PPK would be better suited for smaller pockets (dress clothes, for instance). I wasn't bothered by the slightly larger PPK/S

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The only real difference is that the PPK/S has the solide steel backstrap of the PP model and is 1/4" longer.

The PPK/S is much more pleasant to shoot, and not larger enough to matter. Either one is a hunk in your pocket. A nice IWB holster is a much better way to carry a nice gun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it may be worth the extra size for the improved comfort. Most of my pockets are rather large anyways.

Here's that same shot but with the PPK/S flipped so you can see the difference in length a little better.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I think that in a tense situation, the extended beavertail could very easily snag the inside of a pocket costing precious time. Any good holster would be better than simply carrying a PPK series pistol in a pocket.

A nice IWB holster is a much better way to carry a nice gun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I made my decision today. Brought home a new Walther PPK/S-1, stainless. I can't wait to take it to the range this weekend. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try http//www.pocketholsters.com

Ya gotta have large pockets, but the holster works fine with the PPK/S-i

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks dourdave, that's exactly like what I'm looking for. I'll have to get used to putting my wallet in my other pocket but that's a small tradeoff. I wonder how uncomfortable it is to sit with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks dourdave, that's exactly like what I'm looking for. I'll have to get used to putting my wallet in my other pocket but that's a small tradeoff. I wonder how uncomfortable it is to sit with that.
I have the holster Dave told you about for my PPK/S. It is well made and fits the gun perfectly. I can recommend it with no reservations.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Well my pocketholster is going back. I should have asked dourdave for more details on "large pockets". According to the manufacturer, they will fit cargo or painter pants. Nothing on his website says that though. I wear blue jeans or Dickies and the PPK fits in the front pocket of them. But the pocketholster fits neither the front OR back pocket of them. I do have some BDU pants, but I can't see carrying the PPK in the large cargo pockets. And it doesn't fit in the back pockets. I'm not gonna start wearing baggy painter pants just to wear this holster.
Not sure what I will try next. Maybe the Pager Pal.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
118 Posts
Let's see: Today I wore "cargo" shorts (6" inseam) with the PPK/S-1 in the Pocket holster of controversy, resting in the right front pocket. My sport shirt was untucked and everything went well. Driving with this set up is comfortable, as is walking. I was wearing a cloth, double "D"-ring belt and my shorts did not sag or droop because of the weight.

Front pocket works for me.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
HMMMMMMMMMM-----'80s wardrobe. Interesting. I had no idea we were that far out of it on the Gulf Coast. However----

----We each have to be comfortable and at ease with what we do.( I will admit that I hate to shop for clothes. )

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts