Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with the safety "falling" (engaging) while I am shooting. As a lefty I don't enjoy the cut on my hand from the latch when it "falls". Has anyone heard of this problem or have any suggestions that might help the issue? Thanks ahead of time for any input on the subject!!:)

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If it's an S&W, send it back to them.

If it's not, take it to a gunsmith. It could be one of several things.

M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.
Should I go with a Walther authorized gunsmith? Does anyone know one in the Hickory, NC area?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Just contact the S&W customer service folks and get their take on how to handle it. We Walther lovers in the USA are fortunate, in that S&W has the finest customer service in the gun industry ... or something approaching it. Links to their email address and/or toll-free number are easily found online and can even be located in your owner's manual. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Speaking of PPK/S problems, After carrying my S&W around in a holster for less than a week the frosted finish on the upper left slide is worn through. I thought it was bead blasted but it looks more like a chemical etching process. Whatever, it looks like hell now. Has anyone else noticed this on their early S&Ws...or found a more durable solution to refinish the upper slide? Thanks... :)

Milspec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts