Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone could enlighten me.

I saw two used PPK/S, stainless, .380 pistols at one of the local gunshops.

One was an Interarms (stamped on the right side of the slide), left side indicated "made in USA" and the license info for Walther. It had a short tang in the rear.

The second was marked "Walther USA" and "Houston??, MA" on the right side. On the left was the Walther license info. It had a long tang.

The shop owner said that the second one was imported by Walther, but I could find no proof marks or date stamp.

Can anyone tell me if these are both USA made and which one is more desirable? (Both were listed for 349 with 2 mags, box, etc.) How can I tell the date of manufacture?

Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
Of course the Interarms is the oldest of the 2. The other I belive were made during the change over to S&W. I want to say a mix of S&W and Interarms parts BUT I don't know for sure about that . I perfer the Interarms or true German my self . As to which to buy ? I'd go Interarms mine has been perfect and Iam not bothered by slide bite.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The second one sounds like it is one of the new ones made by S&W.  They did lengthen the tang.  Yes it is made at S&W's plant in Houston, ME.

The first one is one made under license for Interarms.  It was made in Gadsden, Alabama by the Ranger Mfg. Co.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct, I didn't remember the correct city and state. Senior Moments already...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts