Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first PPK/S on a trade and had high hopes until I took it to the range. Unfortunately it jams frequently. I have tried all different ball ammo, tried holding it tightly, tried Wolff +5 springs, and polished the feed ramp a little. None of these worked. I would appreciate any advise on how to rememedy this problem. Seems to be the extractor is failing. See the image below.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Try Winchester Silvertips. Also check to ensure the ejector is not chipped. You might want to replace the extractor spring as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sure glad I found this forum (by acident I might add) I was runnng a Google search on P88 grips when I came across it. I had run "Wather forum" and various other terms and it never showed up.. Well just glad I did find it! Now to the reply re: the PPK/S and the FTE. After several years of frustration with a handfull of American made Walthers I finally found a gunsmith who has done three "reliabilty" jobs for me, TPH .25,
PPK and PPK/S all three needed extractor "tune ups".  I have not had him check my German made PPk/s as it is a "safe queen" my wife bought  for me many years ago. The 3 he did were Interarms not Smiths and never will be. They have done a number on me twice in the last month, but that is for another forum!! Nice to be aboard, have allready learned several things I needed to know just reading the posts before I registered, the main one being the problems with the dealer in Germany. Hope this little bit of info helps, I know I m just echoing the previous answer to your question, but I learned the hard way and got rid of several PPK's because I could not depend on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts