Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone...

Rather new to this. I have a Interarms PPK/S that I purchased in 1990. I was wondering if anyone knows of the quality difference between the old Interarms and makes like Smith & Wesson. Just curious. I am rather happy with mine. There seems to be so many copies out there.

Best..

Bob

·
Registered
729 Posts
Bob, you've got a great little gun there. Don't get rid of it. When Walther first authorized US made guns in stainless steel by Interarms, they were sure the quality would be top notch and not tarnish the Walther banner. I have a 1988 PPK in stainless and it is my faithful companion always. It's served me well for 19 years. Never jammed with Winchester Silvertips, ball ammo or Glasers.

The finish is beautiful.

The new S&W's leave alot to be desired when it comes to finish. Machine marks are everywhere. The wording isn't cut into the metal as sharp and nice looking as the Interarms guns. I like the grip tang extension but the S&W guns have a reputation for jamming when new and need to be "shot in."

I think any gun made today that doesn't shoot 999.99999% perfectly right out of the box to save your life is just plain wrong. No gun should have to be "shot in" these days.

If the original German PPK's were 10's on a scale of 1-10, and the late 1960's West German PPK's were 9.5's, then the American Made PPK's by Interarms were 8's and the new S&W's are 4's.

I think the S&W guns have only made the value of Interarms PPK's go up. Most people who have one (and there were tons of them made) won't let them go....
-Steve

·
Registered
120 Posts
If the original German PPK's were 10's on a scale of 1-10, and the late 1960's West German PPK's were 9.5's, then the American Made PPK's by Interarms were 8's and the new S&W's are 4's.
I have an early Smith & Wesson PPK/S.
It is not stainless steel, but blued.
There are no machine marks on the gun: none zip nada!!
The finish is reminiscent of the old pinned and recessed Smith revolvers of old!! :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re. Interarms..

Thank You for your responses. Yes, I love my PPK/S. Great shooter. Very accurate. I can keep most rounds in the standard black bull at 15 yrs.

No way I will get rid of my Interarms PPK/S. It is a great gun. Yes...the Smith looks good too.

Best....

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts