Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry - don’t like to ask value questions but here goes. Came across a 72 imported Interarms blued PPK/S in 380 with original everything. Most likely used but no signs of it. Priced at $800. Too high? Right on? I’m much more knowledgeable on prices for PPK and was looking for one when I came across it. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
For a clean gun with everything (box, paperwork,...) it is probably about right. A bit more than I would want to spend for a .380, but prices have been rising steadily for years.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s very clean. Trying to find a PPK in my area seems to be tough right now. Seeing if I can get this for a bit less. Never had a “/s” and I like the PPK for ccw in a shoulder holster. Like someone else said, waiting a week usually clears up indecision.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don't own a PPK or /s right now, but I have in the past ... and I do tend to try and keep up on prices. $800 seems a bit high to me as it is an /s and a 380. But it does have the works. $700 would probably a more reasonable price.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I agree about 700 would be closer to what I'd like to see but remember the blued weapons in 380 tended to get carried a lot and show wear.

Finding a blued IA in really great condition might just command a bit of extra value right now.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Olsoul is correct about the blued IA pistols.

For crzteacher, I prefer the longer/taller PP grip relative to the PPK, so the /S is a fine blend of characteristics well worth owning. I used to own an IA PPK in .380, and I just never warmed up to it because of the grip, but the PP and /S in .380 are tolerable because I get a better hold on these rappy pistols. (My prewar PPK in .32 is a fine pistol that I enjoy.) As you said, things will become clear in a few days.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Go for it, price is right, I got 2, a 1974 and 1981, both German, blued, pristine and complete, paid $1000 for one 2 years ago at my gun shop (my safe princess) and $800 for a 1974 complete except target which I have made my carry.....they are the best blend indeed together with .32 PP’s......Nike!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, in the meantime I picked up an IA SS PPK so I have something to carry - my PPK shoulder rig is my favorite and this seems like a good time to remember to always be ready and I didn't have a carry piece. Store is open tomorrow so I'm going to take a look and decide then. Our local sales tax is 8% so that would make it $864. I think that would be a bit more than i'd be willing to spend. Going to see if they'll negotiate if I am interested when I see it. Will report back!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Congrats - the stainless IA PPK are good EDC if you want to carry .380. Yeah, that tax add-on pushes it above what I would want to pay, but $800 OTD should be easily doable for the LGS if you want to get the /S. Photos, or it didn’t happen...

·
Super Moderator
7,305 Posts
Concur entirely with Olsoul; if you're hellbent to carry a PPK, stainless is the way to go.
Others are welcome to disagree, but the simple friction of holstering, and moving in the holster, will wear the high points. Sweat (not immediately removed) is far worse.
Carry guns are like good hammers; use them, and don't worry about the wear.
Moon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts