Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a PPK/S at the General Store and noticed the manual isn't that great. Is there an online manual and/or a really good FAQ like Lunde has done for the P99?

-Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Even before buying this S&W version of the PPK/s, i was pretty skeptical about it. I had heard some bad things about 1, any PPK made in America, 2, the S&W version of the PPK/s, and 3, the .380 version of the gun. After shooting the gun today, however, I returned home pleasantly surprised. I put 100 rounds of Remington UMC 95 grain FMJ through it with only one feed problem. That was the first shot, and I believe it was because I was limp-wristing the gun. I do hold this gun a lot tighter than I hold my P99 9mm. After that though, no more trouble. I chose this ammo because it was the roundest Ball Ammo I could find. I also put about 15 shots of Remington High Velocity 88 grain JHP through the gun. I chose this ammo because the it was the HP ammo that best resembled the ball ammo. Again, this JHP went through with no trouble.

I don't much care for the beaver-tail on the hear of the gun, just because it looks kind of strange. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with the gun. It packs a good punch. I'm glad that S&W didn't kill the gun when they started making it.

I am still looking for help with it though. Where can I find better documentation than it came with. It didn't even tell me how to disassemble the gun for cleaning or anything.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's amazing how much info there is on the P99 that has been out for what 6 years, but the PP/PPK/PPKs info is so hard to come by. I'm begging for any online info people can give me. Also, online manuals would be great too. Thanks.

-Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update #2. Took my P99 and PPK/s out shooting today and neither of them had any trouble at all. Both are still very accurate and every round loaded just fine. This makes about 250 rounds through the PPK/s and 500 through the P99.

The PPK/s did cut my hand up just a tad, but I think it's because I was holding the gun so tight. It couldn't have been the slide. I am thinking of taking it to a smith and having him round out the back side of the handle a little bit for me. When I held the gun just a tad different after it started cutting me, everything worked fine. I was shooting 100 yard targets with it even! Not quite to the accuracy of my friend's .338 Winchester with a scope, but hey, i was hitting them.

I still can't figure out how to disassemble the gun though. If anyone could get me some info on that, my gun would be a whole lot cleaner.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Do you mean a bench disassembly or just field stripping? Surely S&W I mean Walther America didn't leave out the field stripping instructions did they?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts