Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting a new holster for my PPK/s.  I have a Galco UDC IWB holster that I really like, but I've found that it is a bit uncomfortable to sit with it on (I carry at 4:00).

I've talked to friends that have recommended two new options:  A high-ride pancake style holster (I've found a Galco called the Fletch that is in this configuration).  Second, is a small of back holster (also found a Galco that will work).  I'm very impressed with the quality of my current Galco holster, so I think I'll stick with that company.

What do you guys think of the two options?  Can you think of another configuration that might be more comfortable with a good amount of sitting?  Is SOB appropriate for this purpose?  

I'm actually borrowing an ankle rig from a friend to try it out.  I really don't mind carrying on the ankle as I wear a lot of loose fitting dress pants, BUT, I've found that the gun is nearly impossible to get to in any sort of a hurry.

I appreciate all opinions and input, and look forward to your helpful replies.

-stunks

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (WALTHER2 @ Oct. 10 2005,09:31)]I use a Don Hume JIT Slide belt holster and a Don Hume IWB H715M for my PPK. Both are very comfortable. The IWB also occassionally functions as a crossdraw.
Do you experience any uncomfortable "chafing" with the slide holster?  Does it cover the safety/decocker?

Thanks!

-stunks

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies!

I went with a SOB holster from Galco. I was a little skepitcal at first, but at the pressure of a friend that carries a Sig in one, I tried it, and it's great, I forget I'm wearing it! I appreciate all of your input.

-stunks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.