Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting a new holster for my PPK/s.  I have a Galco UDC IWB holster that I really like, but I've found that it is a bit uncomfortable to sit with it on (I carry at 4:00).

I've talked to friends that have recommended two new options:  A high-ride pancake style holster (I've found a Galco called the Fletch that is in this configuration).  Second, is a small of back holster (also found a Galco that will work).  I'm very impressed with the quality of my current Galco holster, so I think I'll stick with that company.

What do you guys think of the two options?  Can you think of another configuration that might be more comfortable with a good amount of sitting?  Is SOB appropriate for this purpose?  

I'm actually borrowing an ankle rig from a friend to try it out.  I really don't mind carrying on the ankle as I wear a lot of loose fitting dress pants, BUT, I've found that the gun is nearly impossible to get to in any sort of a hurry.

I appreciate all opinions and input, and look forward to your helpful replies.

-stunks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a Don Hume JIT Slide belt holster and a Don Hume IWB H715M for my PPK. Both are very comfortable. The IWB also occassionally functions as a crossdraw.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (WALTHER2 @ Oct. 10 2005,09:31)]I use a Don Hume JIT Slide belt holster and a Don Hume IWB H715M for my PPK. Both are very comfortable. The IWB also occassionally functions as a crossdraw.
Do you experience any uncomfortable "chafing" with the slide holster?  Does it cover the safety/decocker?

Thanks!

-stunks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have not experienced any chafing. It securely covers the trigger only. It is also very reasonably priced and very well made. Re holstering is easy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, your experience has got me looking into Don Hume's Slide holster.

How high does it hold the gun against your hip, if you don't mind my asking? Thanks!

-stunks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure if my description will help but the whole grip rides just over the belt line. It is very easy to access. I bought mine online from Gunners Alley.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies!

I went with a SOB holster from Galco. I was a little skepitcal at first, but at the pressure of a friend that carries a Sig in one, I tried it, and it's great, I forget I'm wearing it! I appreciate all of your input.

-stunks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts