Walther Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Bay', does your ammo pass the 'plonk' test? Remove the slide, drop loaded rounds into the chamber. It should 'plonk' right in, and fall right back out when the gun is inverted.
Moon

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have to go with .. 1917 ..
Your failure to load to me would be
a. weak ammo
b. not to spec case size
c. weak or broken spring
d. chamber dirt build up or unfired powder build up

that you got some rounds out before it goofed . . . yep it WAS clean & cool !
but now its hotter and getting dirty.
And if it never did it before ?

Have you shot that ammo in that gun before with no issue ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Have to go with .. 1917 ..
Your failure to load to me would be
a. weak ammo
b. not to spec case size
c. weak or broken spring
d. chamber dirt build up or unfired powder build up

that you got some rounds out before it goofed . . . yep it WAS clean & cool !
but now its hotter and getting dirty.
And if it never did it before ?

Have you shot that ammo in that gun before with no issue ?
No first time in the PPK/S. Clean it every time after range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bay', does your ammo pass the 'plonk' test? Remove the slide, drop loaded rounds into the chamber. It should 'plonk' right in, and fall right back out when the gun is inverted.
Moon
Will test the ammo for “plonk” in the AM. The more I read, research and see responses the more I now suspect ammo. My federal order is backordered. Will visit a few places tomorrow to try and corral a couple of boxes to test with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Will test the ammo for “plonk” in the AM. The more I read, research and see responses the more I now suspect ammo. My federal order is backordered. Will visit a few places tomorrow to try and corral a couple of boxes to test with.

So after a few store visits where none of them had any .380 ammo at all, I checked online again. BassPro has the Walther recommended Winchester rounds in stock locally so I bought some and will get to test it out. No one has any Federal ammunition of any sort in stock. One place online was quoting June 1st as an in stock date.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finally have a resolution to the issue. It took two trips to Walther to get it identified. The feed ramp was damaged by the PO and they cannot fix it. I have started to part it out as I will not use a firearm the is defective and unreliable. Walther service is awesome, they communicated timely with detail on the issue.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts