Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a replacement cocking piece for my PPK/S. It does not appear the same as the original. I thought it was some kind of upgrade and installed it anyway. It cracked at the area that was different. Waiting to hear back from customer service. I thought I would run it by the experts here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Pat

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, pic is back.

From the beginning. The broken section on the original, is on the other side. It is the part of the cocking piece the hammer rests against when cocked. It was cracked, causing the hammer to sometimes slip off instead of staying back in the SA position. You had to release the trigger and shoot the next shot DA. I got the phone number from the Walther site to order the part. The CS rep didn't ask what type of PPK/S it was. I didn't know at the time, no matter which number you dial, you get S&W CS. I thought I was talking to a Walther CS person. Anyway, noticed the part wasn't the same but it didn't interfere with the operation so I put it on and cycled it 10-12 times. I pulled it back off to inspect the wear pattern and noticed it was cracked in the area shown in the red balloon. CS said there are 2 different part numbers and have the right one on the way. And now you have, the 'rest of the story'

- Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.