Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If it's an S&W, send it back to the ex-dairy workers in Maine. Probably only theirs will fit.

If it's a German or Interarms gun, I have good used ones; send me a PM.

M

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I need step by step instructions on how to replace the ejector....
Ok, sorry?here you go?

Your ejector should look like this. Make sure the spring is oriented properly and stays in place. If the spring won?t stay like this use a tiny drop of super glue (seriously). Don?t try to stake it or the investment cast part will crack. When the glue is dry make sure the spring moves freely.

Next, place the end of the spring into the groove in the frame and set the part as shown. You want to get the little triangle thing behind the frame without the spring popping out or scratching the gun much.

Then carefully wiggle the ejector until the pin drops into the hole with the spring tucked into it?s groove and the triangle behind the frame.

When you?re done it should look like this.

Good Luck!

Milspec

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Reference my previous post...

I understand Herr DeBunker's 20-year old toy wouldn't be a S&W (like the one I used in the photos) but hopefully there's enough similiarity in the parts that the instructions will help... :)

Milspec

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bad, how do I remove the broken ejector.... and I must admit after recieveing the new ejector from S&W, the quality difference is staggering.... the broken part is beautiful stainless with a nice sheen and the replacement looks like a casting and not nearly the quality....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, I figured out how to remove/install the new ejector, the only potential issue I see it that the slot where the spring slides into is a smaller then the OEM piece, I did manage to assemble the PPK back together and it appears to dry function as is should, but should I be concerned about the smaller spring slot ?

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
ok, I figured out how to remove/install the new ejector, the only potential issue I see it that the slot where the spring slides into is a smaller then the OEM piece, I did manage to assemble the PPK back together and it appears to dry function as is should, but should I be concerned about the smaller spring slot ?
It's hard to say without examining your gun, but if the spring's properly oriented (like in my pix), seats fully in both the ejector and frame, and the gun function checks properly, then it's probably fine to test fire. Start with one round and see if the slide locks back ok. If it does then try three rounds. If that works try a full magazine. If that works try a full case... :D

Milspec

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh please tell me you still have some more ejectors!!!! Is there a difference between manufacturers and caliber sizes? I have an Interarms .380.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Since this thread has been pulled from the depths, I'll jump on board and duplicate my prior comments in another thread:

The ejector, or slide lock lever, in one of my stainless .380's appears to be stressed, inboard at the slide contact end (rear). It is one of the investment cast ones, seems out of place in an Interarms example so I suspect it to be a replacement. NO idea how it would become bent (other rhan ham-fisted treatment or a do-it-to-yourself smithy :confused: ) but it is "bowed" about 0.002" over its length. The weapon has fired/ejected consistently but I concern myself with work-hardening or embrittlement which would lead to failure. Much rather replace it with the machined version and be "better safe" than have it snap and jamb in the wrong circumstance.

Not had opportunity to contact any of the suppliers but intend that some time this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same problem with my wifes interarms PPK/S . Needing ejector AND spring can you help me or point me in the right direction. Thanks...Robert

·
Registered
7 Posts
on here sorry i know this is a old thread does anyone have a ejector available i have a walther ppk interarms version, love it went and shot it yesterday man surprisngly accurate but my ejector not the spring the actual ejector broke in two, where on the outside of the frame it flat and smooth, it goes into a hole in the frame right after the hole it cracked if anyone has one PLEASE help me out i really like this gun and dont want to get rid of it, over this

1 - 20 of 26 Posts