Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty,

You know me guys, especially if you've read my posts in the P99 forum. I'm always paranoid about something being wrong with my babies (P99, and now PPK/s)

After cleaning, Looking at the fit of my new PPK/s I noticed something that kinda bothers me, With the slide closed, looking down the business end (after triple checking that the gun was unloaded), there seems to be noticeably more "space" between the barell and slide toward the top right of the gun than toward the bottom left of the gun...

Matter of fact, I'd say that the barell is touching the slide on the bottom left side.

Moreover, opening the slide and looking in the same fashion, the open space moves to the right and bottom right of the gun.

Is there something wrong with my new little PPK/s!?!?!?!

Am I worrying for nothing? I haven't even fired it yet!

Please lemme know what you think, thanks guys. I've tried to take pictures, see if these work: they follow the order of my description above.

-stunks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You're being paranoid again. The American made PPKs are that way.

I'll have to check my German ones again when I get home, but I think they might be similar.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bahhhh!!! I'm not sure why you guys don't disown me!

Really tho, thanks. I actually did jump the gun, hehe, no pun intended. Although the barell seems off center in the slide, I can press it to the side a little and there's some play in it. There's even more play when the slide is open, so I guess I shouldn't worry.

The bad thing about the play in the slide, I guess the sights won't line up exactly the same way twice.... Regardless, still happy with the pistol, and can't wait to fire it!

Thanks again, as always, P88, for your time and patience. These forums really are an oasis for those seeking to learn all they can about something. I thank everyone who participates so that we can all learn a little every visit here.

-stunks

·
Registered
130 Posts
My U.S. PPK/S and my two German PPKs are the same way. All shoot very well and without problems. As long as the barrel doesn't move around, you have a keeper. Shoot it in good health!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh, thankee Sir!

I'm planning a trip to the range, yet life's schedule isn't cooperating, so it'll have to wait till next week.

Thanks, too, for the input, good news.

-stunks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stunk-

It is typical for a combat gun to be just a tad loose. This is for reliability purposes. If dirt, grit or other nasties get into the works of say an IPSC gun that gun will most likely jam if not lock up until it gets cleaned (it happened to me in a tourny years ago at Camp Perry).

That's why if you get a gun's action customized, the armorer (a good one anyway) will ask you what it's going to ge used for. That way he knows how much tollerence to put in between two contacting parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts