Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need advice from you folks who use and shoot the PPK/S on a regular basis. This year, for my wifes Birthday, I bought her a new S&W PPK/S. This year for my Birthday, she bought me a complete reloading setup along with dies for my .45, .357/.38 and her .380.

I have read in previous posts that the PPK/S doesn't really like reloads. Have you, out there found this to be gospel or has anyone seemed to find a load that worked well for general plinking. I'm not looking for Self Defense ammo, I'll stay strictly commercial for that. I was just wondering if I should even really try to reload her brass or is it a complete waste of my time and go on to other calibers instead.

Thanks
JTMcD.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
John,

It is never a bad idea to reload, and the .380 being a straight walled case should be a snap. The only difficulty is gathering up your empties and the physical challenge of loading a small case. You will have to be fussy about the over all length of your reloaded cartridges, as that will be one of the keys to reliability.

Assuming you do all the basic steps properly - then the big challenge willl be to get a load worked up that will reliabily cycle the action of your Walther. A good reloading manual should present plenty of options. I would stick to round nose bullets for your plinking reloads, and stay away from the high end of the loading data.

Sounds like a fun project and a very thoughtful wife!!!!

Keep us posted!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts