Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the IACP Convention in New Orleans the past few days. S&W had a Walther PPS and a Walther PPK/S at their display. I checked out the PPK/S on the first day of the Convention. The safety/hammer drop was wobbly and when pushed upward to the "fire" position, it then fell down a bit so that it wasn't parallel to the frame.

The trigger also did not return forward to its double action position after pulling it to the rear. I had to put pressure on it to get the trigger to go forward.

I asked about both guns but the guys from S&W said they didn't really know much about the Walther line.

None of the above bode well in my mind for Walther.

The PPS felt very thin as advertised. It felt even thinner than my Colt 1902 Pocket Hammerless. I was impressed with the PPS (trigger pull was great, ergonomics were fine, good sights, etc) but despite literature being available, S&W sure didn't have it's people pushing it. It was overshadowed by the small frame S&W revolvers in .38 and .357....

I was very disappointed in the PPK/S. The polishing on the slide and frame was nice but the way the serial number is in the "box" on the frame was very cheap looking.

Walther deserves more....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, I meant to say the safety lever wasn't parallel to the "slide."

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Well, if it's any consolation, those former dairy workers in Maine on the S&W production line are doing the best they can.

M

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
What does it tell you about people who take a clunker to a convention where it is hoped that hundreds of potential customers will see it and be impressed?

M

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Dep, don't be so sensitive; I'm not criticising YOUR gun. When you say yours works, I believe you.

Your experience merely demonstrates that no matter how derelict a QC Department may be, some good guns may come through.

M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts