Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked many times and I tried searching this on this forum--are these magazines compatible? The reason I ask is that I just acquired a beautiful Walther PP 22LR pistol and it came with two magazines. They appear to be aftermarket magazines--no name on them but from they way they feel I'm thinking they're probably Promag. I've yet to use a Promag magazine what was worth it. Anyway I found a source for some Walther PPK/S 22LR magazines but don't want to purchase one before I'm sure it will work.
Hoping to get some sage advice,
Mark

Premium Member
Can you post a picture of them for us? I know Triple K makes magazines for the .22 PP.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the mags--hope this helps.

Reactions: Redcat94

Premium Member
Those don't look like Triple K. They might be Walther/Manurhin. Most of their .22 magazines that I've seen haven't been branded with a logo. As long as they work I wouldn't worry about who made them.

Registered
Walther/Manurhin mags in .22lr weren't branded, no markings at all. Exceptions proof the rule ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those don't look like Triple K. They might be Walther/Manurhin. Most of their .22 magazines that I've seen haven't been branded with a logo. As long as they work I wouldn't worry about who made them.
...yep, I'm going to the range today to check them out. You're right--doesn't matter who makes them if they work. I took them apart and cleaned and lubed them so we'll see what happens.

Registered
Do not 'overload', means do not use the full capacity of your mags at first. Some mags have problems to handle full capacity. Try yourself what's about your mags.

Premium Member
Walther/Manurhin mags in .22lr weren't branded, no markings at all. Exceptions proof the rule ;)
Most of my PPK and PPK/S mags either have the Walther Banner or Manurhin on one side and .22LR on the other. I think I have 2 that are unbranded.

Registered
.22lr mags weren't made by Walther and/or Manurhin themself in the past. Walther convined on cal. .32 or .380. So they haven't had things in their own hands. By now I do not know, who made the mags...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
.22lr mags weren't made by Walther and/or Manurhin themself in the past. Walther convined on cal. .32 or .380. So they haven't had things in their own hands. By know I do not know, who made the mags...
Took the pistol to the range this morning. As I feared there were problems with both magazines. Fully loaded (10 rounds) the first round would feed then none would feed until I reduced the number of rounds down to 5. The PP shot well and was enjoyable to fire. I will have to figure out what I want to do with the magazine situation. Maybe there is someone on this board with one or two to sell?

Registered
I have about two dozen rimfire PP mags here and there are unmarked ones and "France" marked ones among them - and plenty with France on it that came with Manurhin rimfire pistols have passed through my hands.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have about two dozen rimfire PP mags here and there are unmarked ones and "France" marked ones among them - and plenty with France on it that came with Manurhin rimfire pistols have passed through my hands.
Still looking for the definitive answer: will a Walther 22 LR PPK/S magazine fit into a Walther 22 LR PP?

Premium Member
Still looking for the definitive answer: will a Walther 22 LR PPK/S magazine fit into a Walther 22 LR PP?
Because there are always people who are not aware of the difference between a .22 Walther PPK/S and a Walther PPK/S .22, you always have to look carefully at the offers. Fortunately, all magazines for the Walther PPK/S .22 can be easily identified so far. They are marked with the P/N 503.600. Such magazines can't be used in your PPK/S.

Registered
The mags are interchangeable. My Walther factory original mags have no markings on them and look like yours (except mine are blued). I also have a Manurhin one that has a 鈥淔rance鈥 marking on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The mags are interchangeable. My Walther factory original mags have no markings on them and look like yours (except mine are blued). I also have a Manurhin one that has a 鈥淔rance鈥 marking on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered a Walther brand PPK/S 22 LR magazine from GunMag Warehouse. It's on the way as I type this. Should have it by the end of the week. I will try it out asap and let this forum know...

Premium Member
I ordered a Walther brand PPK/S 22 LR magazine from GunMag Warehouse.
I just looked on the GunMagWarehouse website and the only PPK/S .22 LR magazine they have is for the Umarex/Arnsberg model. These will not work in your vintage pistol.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts