Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Interarms Blue PPK/S. I know it's seems to be impossible to find out the date of mfg. but I will try and ask anyway. Ser #009860. Also what is the best range ammo for this gun.I know they can be a bit picky about what they like to shoot. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
24 Posts
HI. I just purchased a Walther (USA/S&W) PPK. I have put about 150 rounds thru it so far. Mostly ball ammo. I had one failure to feed with a Federal jacketed hollowpoint but otherwise all fed and ejected smoothly. Any advice on how many rounds to fire before it is "broken in." Also, what is WWB and was the corbon ammo Powerball? Thanks.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Break end a few hundred rounds seems to be normal. Corbon has now 3 different 380 loadings. The one I use at present is the 90grHP at 1050 and 220ft lb. Thats from a PPK/S. Then their the Power ball which is a 70gr and rated oner 1200 and 240ft range . Its problem seems to be poor penteration. Soon to be released is the new DPX round. Its a 80gr. copper HP S.A.Camp tested at a little over 1060fps in a Bersa and PPK/S are usally faster in readings than Bersa. The DPX doesn't open like a regularHP instead opens into 6 pedals and does this every time. The pedals allow it to penterate another inch or so.No jacket to shed so will shoot thru glass or light metal and Demin test show no clogging. It looks to be a good round for 380. I have switched my compact 45's to DPX for reason stated above. Every round Ive fired into test materal opens the same each time. Its almost boring unlike regular HP that may open fully or not at all sometimes or only part way .My 45's are all in .70 to .75 open and from a 3" barrel 45 over 1050fps and test in jell showing the 12" This is a 160gr non+P
The new DPX will be on corbon web site soon.
On Bersa Talk were I Moderate I posted the long test. but couldn't tranfer pistures. So I also posted the short test and got a few pictures to post thats bersa talk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts