Walther Forums banner

PPK/S 4.5mm Pistol Jammed!

14K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Milspec 
#1 ·
Hi people.
I have had a Walther PPK/S 4.5 mm pistol. I gave it to a friend and when he returned it, it was jammed! He said he has not dropped it or anything. I do not know what to do with it. The slider is left back, as when you pull to load it. The hammer is loose.
I have no idea what the problem could be. There is nobody around for me to take the pistol to. Please help me find a solution. I am in urgent need of it and have to fix it by all means untill Wednesday.

Thanks everyone.

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Thank you, but I have already checked that. The problem is that, at first, it is like this:

Then, when you pull the slider back, it remains like this:

So, I opened it up:

As you can see, there is a shining part which holds the inner-slider (I don't know the name of this part!!!) in place and on the rail. When the slider is pulled back, the inner-slider comes out of its place and this shining part stops the inner-slider to return to its original place.
By moving the inner-slider to sides, this happens:

In other words, the shining part is stuck in the second groove.
Now, the problem is that I know why the slider jams, but I have no idea how to fix this. On the other hand, this shining part is made of a rigid material, which makes it impossible to be deformed by any kind of impact.
Could the problem be something else? Is there any way to fix this.

#5 ·
Thanks dear MGMike.

I have thought of that, but the "shining part" seems to be made of a rigid material, which makes it impossible to bend. On the other hand, this part is exactly similar to the one in the videos I have seen on the net.
I was wondering if there has been another part, supporting this "shining one" and holding it together. Can you please explain to me what does this part exactly do???

Thanks again!

P.S. Unfortunately, there is no UMAREX shop around me.

#12 ·
Understood, which is why we recommended that you mail the pistol to the Umreax plant in Fort Smith ... as in put it into a box and take it down to the post office or the FedEx/UPS operation. You also might want to ask the retailer where you purchased it mail it for you. Either one would save a long car ride or a longer walk, depending on where you live. And ... you'd get your BB gun back up and running, which is what you are hoping to accomplish here.

#14 ·
That silver thing is the slide stop. It's pushed up when the magazine is empty and stops the slide from closing. The spring broke so I removed the slide stop on mine. It works fine but the slide doesn't lock back now. So I just shoot until it sounds funny...then I refill the magazine and shoot some more... :)

#15 ·
Dear Milspec,

This is exactly what I had thought, but I was not sure about it.
Now, are you sure if this "Slide Stop" is removed, the gun or parts of it will not be damaged?

One more thing, could you tell me where exactly this spring which you are talking about is located?

Thanks again.

#20 ·
In Benzin's defense, he said quite plainly to start that there was NO shop anywhere near him, but for whatever reason, some people here refused to believe him. Therefore the nasty tones in the responses are the fault of the responders, not the OP.
Some folks owe Benzin apologies.

Reactions: Benzin
#21 ·
in the FWIW department ...

There's no Umarex shop near me, either, but there is a post office and a UPS operation. Had the OP mentioned at the outset that he was in Iran, the responses likely would have been different. I'm still unsure as to whether he can ship the thing out of Iran for servicing and then have it returned.

#22 · (Edited)
Mine hasn't been damaged. I honestly don't remember the spring set up and it's been years since I've seen the part. I'll see if I can find a parts diagram. Does your slide stop have the spring? If you lift up on it can you feel spring tension pulling it back down towards the slide? If the spring is missing or broken the slide stop will bounce up and lock the slide back.
Dear Milspec, I did as you explained in your previous post and it worked! Thank you so much.
By the way, I'm afraid I could not explain myself clearly. I meant if removing this "Slide Stop" could damage the gun and I did not mean your gun.
About the spring, in my case, it is right in place. If I remove the Slide Stop, I can see the spring. Now, I can think of three possibilities: first, the spring is weakened through the time and it is not strong enough to hold the Slide Stop back in place when it is not needed and not lock the slider. Second is that there on the magazine, I can see a small plastic thing on the part which pushes the bullets (!!!) up. I was wondering if this plastic thing is damaged or destroyed. Third, I do not know if there has been something installed next to the magazine and beneath the Slide Stop, however, I think there is only one connection between the magazine and the Slide Stop and that is the plastic thing which I explained in the second possibility.

Ah, well, why didn't you say so in the first place? :) That would have simplified things greatly and also (perhaps) modified the tone of some of the responses. So it's not possible to ship the pistol out of Iran for repair and then have it returned to you, I take it? In that case, given the disposable nature of these things and the low cost, I would suggest keeping it for parts and getting yourself another one.
Dear Searcher451, you are absolutely correct. Due to sanctions, unfortunately I am not able to send it to be repaired. On the other hand, I did as dear Milspec explained and magically, it worked! If I had not the solution, you opinion would have been the best.

There's no Umarex shop near me, either, but there is a post office and a UPS operation. Had the OP mentioned at the outset that he was in Iran, the responses likely would have been different. I'm still unsure as to whether he can ship the thing out of Iran for servicing and then have it returned.
Well, you are right about that one. My apologies.

MGM has hit the nail on the head, multiple times.

Have you ever heard of FedEx or UPS? You need to contact UMAREX (I'd suggest calling then) to find out the mailing address, etc.

The simpilest thing might be for you to just take the pistol and the mailing address to a local gun store or FFL and have them send it for you.
Well I think some people just don't get it. In that case, I have nothing to say.

In Benzin's defense, he said quite plainly to start that there was NO shop anywhere near him, but for whatever reason, some people here refused to believe him. Therefore the nasty tones in the responses are the fault of the responders, not the OP.
Some folks owe Benzin apologies.
Dear Nayrb, thank you for being so reasonable. In my country, if someone asks for help, if others do not have the answer, then there is no place for making fun or anything. There is an old saying in Iran: "Not knowing is not a weakness, not asking is a weakness!!!". Therefore, I just asked. I believe it is obviously clear for someone with problems such as mine to take the malfunctioning device to the company to be fixed, and clearly, I have thought of that before, which was not possible for me.
By the way, I appreciate your support.

#23 ·
Dear Nayrb, thank you for being so reasonable. In my country, if someone asks for help, if others do not have the answer, then there is no place for making fun or anything. There is an old saying in Iran: "Not knowing is not a weakness, not asking is a weakness!!!". Therefore, I just asked. I believe it is obviously clear for someone with problems such as mine to take the malfunctioning device to the company to be fixed, and clearly, I have thought of that before, which was not possible for me.
By the way, I appreciate your support.
No problem, Benzin. A lot of us, myself included at times, forget that there are other people in the world besides those of us living in the United States.

Anyway, the saying here is "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask."

Reactions: Benzin
#24 ·
Glad it worked out for you (and way to go, Milspec). You might want to pick up a second version of the same pistol, just in case you run into similar issues in the field, if for no other reason that they aren't made to the same standards as the actual firearms. Good luck, stay safe, and happy shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.