Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people.
I have had a Walther PPK/S 4.5 mm pistol. I gave it to a friend and when he returned it, it was jammed! He said he has not dropped it or anything. I do not know what to do with it. The slider is left back, as when you pull to load it. The hammer is loose.
I have no idea what the problem could be. There is nobody around for me to take the pistol to. Please help me find a solution. I am in urgent need of it and have to fix it by all means untill Wednesday.

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, but I have already checked that. The problem is that, at first, it is like this:

Then, when you pull the slider back, it remains like this:

So, I opened it up:

As you can see, there is a shining part which holds the inner-slider (I don't know the name of this part!!!) in place and on the rail. When the slider is pulled back, the inner-slider comes out of its place and this shining part stops the inner-slider to return to its original place.
By moving the inner-slider to sides, this happens:

In other words, the shining part is stuck in the second groove.
Now, the problem is that I know why the slider jams, but I have no idea how to fix this. On the other hand, this shining part is made of a rigid material, which makes it impossible to be deformed by any kind of impact.
Could the problem be something else? Is there any way to fix this.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The person who returned it to you in that condition is not your friend.

The "shining part" is bent.

Send it back to Umarex and let them fix it.

M

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The person who returned it to you in that condition is not your friend.

The "shining part" is bent.

Send it back to Umarex and let them fix it.

M
Thanks dear MGMike.

I have thought of that, but the "shining part" seems to be made of a rigid material, which makes it impossible to bend. On the other hand, this part is exactly similar to the one in the videos I have seen on the net.
I was wondering if there has been another part, supporting this "shining one" and holding it together. Can you please explain to me what does this part exactly do???

Thanks again!

P.S. Unfortunately, there is no UMAREX shop around me.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
MGMike had the right idea in Post No. 4: Send it back to Umarex via mail and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I already said that there is no UMAREX shop around me. I purchased it from a retailer.

·
Registered
460 Posts
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Instead of a slider, maybe someone should be throwing a curve.

:D

:cool:

Reactions: Benzin

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Well, I already said that there is no UMAREX shop around me. I purchased it from a retailer.
Understood, which is why we recommended that you mail the pistol to the Umreax plant in Fort Smith ... as in put it into a box and take it down to the post office or the FedEx/UPS operation. You also might want to ask the retailer where you purchased it mail it for you. Either one would save a long car ride or a longer walk, depending on where you live. And ... you'd get your BB gun back up and running, which is what you are hoping to accomplish here.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
That silver thing is the slide stop. It's pushed up when the magazine is empty and stops the slide from closing. The spring broke so I removed the slide stop on mine. It works fine but the slide doesn't lock back now. So I just shoot until it sounds funny...then I refill the magazine and shoot some more... :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That silver thing is the slide stop. It's pushed up when the magazine is empty and stops the slide from closing. The spring broke so I removed the slide stop on mine. It works fine but the slide doesn't lock back now. So I just shoot until it sounds funny...then I refill the magazine and shoot some more... :)
Dear Milspec,

This is exactly what I had thought, but I was not sure about it.
Now, are you sure if this "Slide Stop" is removed, the gun or parts of it will not be damaged?

One more thing, could you tell me where exactly this spring which you are talking about is located?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Understood, which is why we recommended that you mail the pistol to the Umreax plant in Fort Smith ... as in put it into a box and take it down to the post office or the FedEx/UPS operation. You also might want to ask the retailer where you purchased it mail it for you. Either one would save a long car ride or a longer walk, depending on where you live. And ... you'd get your BB gun back up and running, which is what you are hoping to accomplish here.
Dear searcher451,

When I say there is no UMAREX shop around me, I mean there is no UMAREX shop around me! I can assure you that you very simple solution, which also happens to be very useful, is something I have already considered. I live in IRAN. I hope you understand the problem now.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Dear Milspec,

This is exactly what I had thought, but I was not sure about it.
Now, are you sure if this "Slide Stop" is removed, the gun or parts of it will not be damaged?

One more thing, could you tell me where exactly this spring which you are talking about is located?

Thanks again.
Mine hasn't been damaged. I honestly don't remember the spring set up and it's been years since I've seen the part. I'll see if I can find a parts diagram. Does your slide stop have the spring? If you lift up on it can you feel spring tension pulling it back down towards the slide? If the spring is missing or broken the slide stop will bounce up and lock the slide back.

·
Premium Member
14,304 Posts
MGM has hit the nail on the head, multiple times.

Have you ever heard of FedEx or UPS? You need to contact UMAREX (I'd suggest calling then) to find out the mailing address, etc.

The simpilest thing might be for you to just take the pistol and the mailing address to a local gun store or FFL and have them send it for you.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I live in IRAN. I hope you understand the problem now.
Ah, well, why didn't you say so in the first place? :) That would have simplified things greatly and also (perhaps) modified the tone of some of the responses. So it's not possible to ship the pistol out of Iran for repair and then have it returned to you, I take it? In that case, given the disposable nature of these things and the low cost, I would suggest keeping it for parts and getting yourself another one.

·
Registered
460 Posts
In Benzin's defense, he said quite plainly to start that there was NO shop anywhere near him, but for whatever reason, some people here refused to believe him. Therefore the nasty tones in the responses are the fault of the responders, not the OP.
Some folks owe Benzin apologies.

Reactions: Benzin
1 - 20 of 25 Posts