Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this Fourm I would like to find out some information on a PPK/S .380 that I just purchased. It is a older model Blue, with white lettering,Interarms import,I was told that I could tell when it was Manufactured by numbers on the Barrel when the slide is closed? There are no numbers just a VA? Ser# 030263. Can anyone tell me when this gun was made and its value? Thank You Gary

·
Registered
83 Posts
From the serial number not being consistant with the newer S&W production I would say that yours was made by either a German facility or Interarms in Alexandria, Virginia (thus the "VA" on the bbl.). The number seems rather low but I'm still leaning on Virginia as its source.

I can't remember the name of the book but it had production serial number ranges for all sorts of guns. For instance, my father bought a Smith & Wesson Model 10 38spl., 2" bbl, square butt that he carried when he on the Cincinnati Fire Dept. during the riots in the late 1960's. He syill had teh gun and it's in great shape. I looked at the serial number years ago and still have it memorized (D472). I researched it and found that there were over 80,000 Model 10's produced that year with a D-prefix. Thus his was within the first 500 made.

Yours sould be listed somewhere. The white lettering (if it's original) does not sound as if it was made during the last 10 years of Interarms existance (they are no longer).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts