Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had good results running a reduced power recoil spring, 17 lb rather than the factory 20 lb spring, from Wolff Springs in my Interarms .380 ACP pistol. Anyone else do the same? I see that Wolff has them as low as 14lbs, but I'm afraid that would not be a good thing and the gun would batter the crap out of itself.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
I've been running the factory spring in my Interarms PPK/s, and it has performed just fine with my handloads...FMJ handloads.
Yeah, it takes two men and a boy to rack the slide, but if the gun is running okay otherwise, I'd leave it stock.
Is there a problem you're trying to solve?
Moo

·
Registered
675 Posts
If like me, the OP went to the 17lb to help with the effort required to rack the slide. However I figured the guys in Germany who designed these things knew more than me when they put the 20 pounder in it. I returned my PPK to stock. I bought a hand exerciser and after a while, it became easier to rack.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been running the factory spring in my Interarms PPK/s, and it has performed just fine with my handloads...FMJ handloads.
Yeah, it takes two men and a boy to rack the slide, but if the gun is running okay otherwise, I'd leave it stock.
Is there a problem you're trying to solve?
Moo
The problem is not racking the slide, in fact there really is no problem per se. It just seems to run smoother with the 17 lb spring. Occasionally, with the 20 lb, I’ll get a FTRB and have to tap the slide to seat the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts