Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this gun and I am curious when it was manufactured. I am hoping some can help me out.
Below are the pics I have of it. TIA for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
638 Posts
2013 which I believe is the first year the made this model. They use a 2 character date code. Yours is BD - B for 1, D for 3.
These guns work best with higher velocity ammo such as CCI Mini Mags, Remington Golden Bullets. They will not cycle properly with standard velocity ammo. Make sure you keep it clean, don’t over lube it.
I’ve had mine for about four years and have really enjoyed it for the past three. The first year I had some ammo related failures, and had to send it into Walther for repair. They fixed it free including shipping both times.
On mine, there is some wear marks on the frame rails and slide suggesting a need to break in the pistol. I saw a Utube video suggesting to remove the recoil spring and reassemble and then manually work the slide a few hundred times. Kinda fast tracks the break-in time without getting frustrated with malfunction.
Good luck with your new gun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2013 which I believe is the first year the made this model. They use a 2 character date code. Yours is BD - B for 1, D for 3.
These guns work best with higher velocity ammo such as CCI Mini Mags, Remington Golden Bullets. They will not cycle properly with standard velocity ammo. Make sure you keep it clean, don’t over lube it.
I’ve had mine for about four years and have really enjoyed it for the past three. The first year I had some ammo related failures, and had to send it into Walther for repair. They fixed it free including shipping both times.
On mine, there is some wear marks on the frame rails and slide suggesting a need to break in the pistol. I saw a Utube video suggesting to remove the recoil spring and reassemble and then manually work the slide a few hundred times. Kinda fast tracks the break-in time without getting frustrated with malfunction.
Good luck with your new gun

Thank you so much for your time and response. I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts