Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
It looks like you have all the parts based on looking at mine. Only you can make the call as to do you try fixing it, have a smith do it, or find a Walther service center. From what I see, there is a channel on the left side of the slide (as you look at the slide upside down). The order in which they go in is ball, spring, rod with the curved side out, and then the extractor.

Good luck.

Registered
I pick all together, but I am afraid to fire 馃様 what if I lose parts again, on dry fire works, and eject rounds.

milans

Registered
You could take it to a smith or perhaps someone at a range to inspect it I guess. If you can cycle the slide and the ejects rounds properly I鈥檇 give it a go at the range. Other than that can鈥檛 help. You can get some spare parts from Walther in case it happens again. Give the gun a good cleaning, especially the chamber and give it a try with good ammo from CCI or Remington if you can get them.

As mentioned, mine did that twice but since the last time, I鈥檝e shot several thousands of rounds and not another failure. It may happen and then I get it fixed.

Registered
>>>...I pick all together, but I am afraid to fire 馃様 what if I lose parts again, on dry fire works, and eject rounds...<<<

If you've a lack of confidence in your repair...then take the pistol to a competent gunsmith and have them check out the repair you've made and the pistol in general (particularly the chamber and barrel) for any other potential damage....or...it will make a novel '..paperweight..'.

On the several occasions that I've experienced or observed catastrophic 'blow-outs' in a few different .22 semi-auto pistols (Walther PPK/S, Sig Sauer 'Mosquito, Ruger SR), they've all been ammo-related....a few of which (like yours) damaged parts of the pistol. MOST of these failures have been ARMSCOR. I've never seen or heard of it occurring with CCI Mini Mags. But sorry...I'm not familiar with .22LR ammo brands commonly available in the EU.

Registered
>>>...I pick all together, but I am afraid to fire 馃様 what if I lose parts again, on dry fire works, and eject rounds...<<<

If you've a lack of confidence in your repair...then take the pistol to a competent gunsmith and have them check out the repair you've made and the pistol in general (particularly the chamber and barrel) for any other potential damage....or...it will make a novel '..paperweight..'.

On the several occasions that I've experienced or observed catastrophic 'blow-outs' in a few different .22 semi-auto pistols (Walther PPK/S, Sig Sauer 'Mosquito, Ruger SR), they've all been ammo-related....a few of which (like yours) damaged parts of the pistol. MOST of these failures have been ARMSCOR. I've never seen or heard of it occurring with CCI Mini Mags. But sorry...I'm not familiar with .22LR ammo brands commonly available in the EU.

Armscor ammo is garbage. I have never ever had an issue with Golden Bullets and I dare say they're as good as any CCI.

Registered
PPKS/S

Finaly I get CCI ammo and pistol works normal after 1 box without any problems, so in my case ammo makes problem.
Thanks all for help.

milans

21 - 28 of 28 Posts