Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As much as I like my PPK/S .22 lr, the design has just one flaw, i.e. the ridiculous factory front sight. It would be better still if I could replace both the front and rear sight with something far better. I guess that aftermarket sights for the "classic" PP of PPK won't fit.

Anyone who knows about front sights or front and rear sight combos that will fit the PPK/S .22 lr ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been thinking of ways to create a PPK/S "Sport" for a while now: a longer barrel, perhaps 5.1/2" or 6." Add to that a decent front sight, possibly with a short serrated ramp on the extended barrel, and an adjustable micro site on the rear. I think the end result would would be the PP Sport or a close copy that I missed years ago...........casual Bullseye anyone?

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you've a steady hand and a fine paint brush...you can paint the back edge of the front sight with a bright, contrasting color and paint either small '..dots..' or vertical '..strips..' on the rear sight. One or both should improve your '..sight picture...'.

There are some after-market sights available for the PPK and PPK/S ( Walther PPK )...but these require milling the slide and I'm not entirely sure that they can be fitted on the Walther/Umarex PPK/S .22 ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
E.T., they look great. I need to wait to see if I can pick one of those up in Cali. My dealer is trying to convert to meet California rules ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just purchased a PPK/s 22 and shot it for first time a couple days ago. First thing I noticed is I will have to do something with the sights. Got some good suggestions here about painting them, which is what I am going to do. Seems like the best and easiest way to improve sights. Otherwise, love the gun. Shoots good and looks even better!

·
Registered
200 Posts
As noted above, I can't think of any replacement sights for the Walther/Umarex PPK/S .22. The pistol does come with three(3) interchangeable front sights (different heights) that can be '..pinned..' into the slide....but these simply adjust point-of-aim and do little or nothing to improve sight visibility/contrast.

There are (or at least were) replacement sights for the all-steel, .380 caliber Walther PPK/S but trying to replace these onto a Zamak (zinc alloy) slide of the Umarex PPK/S .22 would require machining a dove tail groove for the front sight at least. Sorry, I don't know the measurement for the dove tail of the rear sight...or whether this would require re-milling as well.

As suggested above....painting the back of the front sight with a contrasting color...and perhaps two vertical lines at the rear sight aperture tends to do the job...and make picking up the sight-picture much better....with little or no expense or difficulty. I'd try this simple, inexpensive fix BEFORE I went to the expense and difficulty of sight replacement, even if such sights were available.....the '..K I S S..' principle applies (Keep It Simple Stupid)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts