Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to pin this date of manufacture down. I will take a shot at around 1980. Can someone get it closer? Thanks

IMG_0543 (2).jpg

IMG_0551 (2).jpg

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Probably correct. 132xxx was made/proofed in 1978.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you Martin. I researched many on line references to get this close. No date on the test target unfortunately. Your help can firm up a best case date of manufacture.

I have never seen the MADE IN FRANCE marked on the heel of the frame before and was hoping that might help pin down a period.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Sam Cummings of Interarms had both, a Walther and a Manurhin licence. That's why it is what it is :).

·
Registered
136 Posts
In the summer of 1971 I was looking for an off duty weapon. I went to Potomac Arms in Alexandria, VA. Potomac Arms was the retail public outlet for InterArms. The store was practically empty, as it was a week day and summertime. A salesman was helping me look at various handguns when a large heavy-set man came over behind the counter. Yes, it was Mr. Cummings. I then spent about 2 hours touring the warehouse next door and seeing some of the most fascinating weapons I have ever seen. I also invested in a Colt Detective Special for my off duty weapon, at a very good price.

I only saw 1 warehouse, and never saw Mr. Cummings again, but he made an indelible impression. I did go back many time leaving portions of my pay check with Potomac Arms. Times were different then.

Duncan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts